Do you want to change the future of biological research? Are you looking for a unique opportunity to empower researchers to openly share information? OpenWetWare is a community of thousands of researchers from around the world who freely share their ideas, results, tools, and wisdom. Our project has largely been volunteer driven to date; we are now looking to hire a full time employee.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of OpenWetWare as well as longer-term strategic planning. Candidates should be excited to "wear many hats" including:
- overseeing senior technology developer to specify and implement new tools and resources that improve the sharing of information via OWW.
- organizing and facilitating meetings among groups of academic researchers pursuing projects on OWW.
- developing tutorials for new users.
- meeting with publishers to discuss best ways to integrate OWW with more traditional publishing mechanisms.
- attracting new users through advertising.
- leading development of our long term community and knowledge development strategy.
- working with the OWW board to plan fundraising and long term sustainability of OWW.
- promoting OWW by giving talks on open science at conferences.
B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in a science or engineering discipline; three to five years of post graduate experience; some research or educational experience in biology preferred; and excellent communication, writing and organizational skills are a must. An awareness of ongoing external Web 2.0 trends and projects (wiki's, blogs, forums etc.) is preferred but not required. Seek highly motivated individual with a fanatical enthusiasm for open research and communication.
Compensation is dependent upon experience (75-100K). Full MIT Benefits apply.
Apply through MIT