OpenWetWare:Information management/Standard protocol submission/Meeting - 7/6/06
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
Revision as of 13:20, 7 July 2006
- Time: 12-1 EST, 7/6/06
- Location: 32-262 (Stata Center)
We will be discussing ways to standardize protocol submission to be easily submit-able, read-able, and search-able on OWW. Notes and discussion pages will be updated post-meeting --feel free to provide your input on upcoming discussions!
- Template needs to:
- Provide Background
- Collect different versions of a given protocol
- Allow for comparison of those versions
- Provide some sort of forum for discussion/comments/questions (see below)
- Suggested Template
- Multiple templates for flexibility or maybe several sub-templates so you can pick-and-choose?
- Template Includes (searchable Keywords possible?)
- User Friendly (Can we make this template easy to follow?)
- Print Friendly
- How do we optimize the process/format to maximize the number of protocols we can get.
- We need a way for users to comment on protocols as well as ask questions, get debugging help, and have discussions.
- We want these discussions to be archived and searchable.
- Is the wiki the best format?
- It may be cumbersome when the discussion gets large
- Tutorial on categorizing and tagging
- How can we best categorize each protocol?
- How do we standardize terminology for easy understanding?
- For the timebeing, we will use the Show/Hide tags to comment on particular protocol steps.
- Possible Template Example:
- DNA Ligation
- Specific Protocols (list of protocols from labs including a general editable protocol)
- Specific Protocols link to individual namespace?
- Choose one section for testing (in vitro DNA section for test)
- Categorizing and tagging
- Getting Started for Protocols to help users get started?
- List Categories on front page
- Possible index of ENTIRE protocols list for users who want to use Find function.
- Must have everything categorized!