OpenWetWare:Presentation on how OWW is useful to a lab - 3/1/06
To Begin: Getting Started
things that you do already offline but might be more effective on the wiki
- meeting organization (lab meetings, retreat planning, etc)
- lab jobs
- equipment pages
- control experiments, etc.
things you may not do currently, but which are easy on a wiki
- long term storage of lab information (protocols)
- Helps with the rapid turnover of personel in labs, collaborative protocol editing tunes protocols used by several lab members, searchable, information.
- up-to-date, high content level lab webpage
- remove the webmaster "bottleneck" - democratized contribution
unique opportunities on OpenWetWare
- publicize your work, prior to publication
- OWW will probably be the top google hit for your name
- find out what people are doing right now accross the world or across the hall
- shared spaces
- We're actively looking to make the site more useful to the scientific community, is there anything that you would like to see added?