This is for a quick presentation to the MediaWiki hackers at Wikimania 2006.
- Personalized wiki
- Recent changes filtering
- Default home page
- User sidebar
- User management system
- Scientific information presentation
- LatexDoc (collaborate on papers, bibtex)
- WikiTex (chemical diagrams, graphs)
- Laboratory management (what reagents are in the freezer?)
- Better user group system
- Wiki database
- Semantic info
- Methods to easily 'publish to OWW'
- Easy connection with publishers ('send to Nature')
- Citations. Have Cite extension but would be ideal to have a doi per page.
- Private pages
- A tool to monitor who is "watching" a page/namespace
- More customizable recent changes (SpecialRecentChanges is a great start, but is a bit confusing for new users, maybe SpecialRecChanges w/ a prettier UI), for instance, I should be able to see all changes by a subset of users, all changes to pages I'm "watching", and all changes to a list of namespaces (e.g., Endy:, Knight:).
- Integrated discussion boards.