This is the list of 'high priority' features identified at the July steering committee meeting from a longer list. Our developer community will be working to implement these features in the coming months. You can help (even if you can't code!) by adding details about features and signing up for any feature that you'd be interested in helping to specify (just follow the links below). If your favorite feature isn't listed here or on the longer list, consider adding it to OpenWetWare:Ideas. The progress on these features is outlined here.
- Publish to OpenWetWare button for private wiki's and external wiki's
- Seeding of user pages upon account creation - underway
- Auto-generation of lab notebooks
Tools that allow for dissemination of OWW content to other sites / outlets
- Wiki to Word/PDF converter (and vice-versa)
- Move last item edited to the top of the page / consider color coding for when it's been edited recently
- Pligg system for article ranking
- Make a local copy of OpenWetWare to test out server switch.
- Coordinate server switch with RackSpace.
- OpenWetWare:Feature list/User management system - overall works well, but there are some open bugs that need to get sorted out.