OpenWetWare:Steering committee

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Suggested items for next SC meeting)
Current revision (16:59, 20 October 2008) (view source)
 
(33 intermediate revisions not shown.)
Line 1: Line 1:
-
*''This is an in progress version for the SC page -- please add anything that you think is missing''
+
{{Template:Steering committee}}
-
*the old version can be found [[OpenWetWare:Steering Committee/Old version|here]].
+
-
*general discussion about design on the [[OpenWetWare talk:Steering committee|talk page]]
+
-
The OpenWetWare Steering Committee is charged with leading the future direction of OpenWetWare.  The steering committee is '''open to all OWW members, and we are actively seeking participants'''.  Please email admin (at) openwetware (dot) org to be added to the mailing list.
+
{| cellspacing="3"
 +
|-
 +
|width="350px" class="green3" |
-
==Action Items for this month==
+
:<font size=3>'''Spotlight'''</font>
-
*Reddit trial. (cumbers, lucks)
+
:*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - June 2008|Notes from June 2008 meeting]]
-
*Make "Edit Sidebar" button for customization. (austin?)
+
:*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - May 2008|Notes from May 2008 meeting]]
-
**'''[[User:Jasonk|Jasonk]] 14:02, 3 September 2006 (EDT):''' I think we can just have this link be on the sidebar by default: [[Special:Mypage/sidebar|edit your sidebar]]
+
:*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - April 2008|Notes from Apr 2008 meeting]]
-
*Vote on front page! (everyone)
+
:*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - March 2008|Notes from Mar 2008 meeting]]
-
**New [[Main Page|front page]] is up.
+
:*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - February 2008|Notes from Feb 2008 meeting]]
-
*Finalize infrastructure strategy (Ilya, Sri, Jason)
+
:*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - January 2008|Notes from Jan 2008 meeting]]
-
**'''[[User:Jasonk|Jasonk]] 13:53, 3 September 2006 (EDT):'''Going with rackspace.com, waiting for MIT to approve the PO.
+
:*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - December 2007|Notes from Dec 2007 meeting]]
-
*Look over and comment on the list of [[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Goals|SC goals]].
+
:*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - November 2007|Notes from Nov 2007 meeting]]
-
==Suggested items for next SC meeting==
+
|width="350px" class="green3" |  
-
''Please post any topics you would like the SC to consider at the next meeting -- you don't need to be on the committee to post something here!''
+
-
*'''[[User:Jasonk|Jasonk]] 17:23, 4 September 2006 (EDT):''' Make it easy to make an OWW page compliant with [http://postgenomic.com postgenomic] so it can get aggregated there.
+
-
*'''[[User:Jasonk|Jasonk]] 17:28, 4 September 2006 (EDT):''' Statistics and survey guru.  Might want to have someone who keeps an eye on trends on the site.  this could range from surveys of people are using the site as [[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Goals|was suggested previously]], to looking over [[OpenWetWare:Software/Site analytics|site analytics]] (which will come with new hosting service), or to just tracking site statistics (number of users, number of labs, etc).  This sort of information could help the SC make more informed decisions.
+
-
*'''[[User:Rshetty|Reshma]] 10:12, 5 September 2006 (EDT)''': I've been trying to work on a [[Help:Hosting courses|tutorial on how to host courses on OWW]].  Feedback/help welcome.
+
-
*'''[[User:Jasonk|Jasonk]] 07:59, 7 September 2006 (EDT):''' Should we have an officially sanctioned forum area?  Could be a stopgap until the "liquid threads" or whatever gets included in mediawiki...
+
-
**'''[[User:Rshetty|Reshma]] 08:27, 7 September 2006 (EDT)''': There's [[Questions and Answers]] for research-questions and the [[Community portal]] for OpenWetWare questions.  Do we need more than that?
+
-
**'''[[User:Jasonk|Jasonk]] 08:56, 7 September 2006 (EDT):'''  Well, this isn't a new topic or anything, but the having discussions is facilitated by threads (and stuff like 'post reply' button, etc).  If we think the Mediawiki implementation is going to take to too long, we may consider getting some forum software to run on the site (it wouldn't have to perfectly integrate with the wiki for the short term) - i think hacing a "latest forum discussions" box similar to the one on the front page of [http://www.protocol-online.org/ protocols online] would help OWW be a place to post your general biology questions.  It's a good question why a Q&A section hasn't taken off on OWW, it may just be the community is too small, or it could be that the technical hurdles are too high.
+
-
*'''[[User:Jasonk|Jasonk]] 08:59, 7 September 2006 (EDT):'''Firm up short term (6 month) [[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Goals|SC goals]]
+
-
*'''[[User:Jasonk|Jasonk]] 10:31, 10 September 2006 (EDT):'''SciFoo report
+
-
**Should we make (sections of) OWW [http://postgenomic.org postgenomic] [http://www.postgenomic.com/about_feeds.php compatible]?
+
-
==Meetings==
+
:<font size=3>'''Town Hall Meetings'''</font>
-
''Meeting time/date is 2nd Thursday of the month, Noon-1 pm Eastern Time at MIT. We have teleconferencing set up, so if you are interested in calling in, please let us know. (admin (at) openwerware (dot) org''
+
:* OWW Town Hall Meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of every month. For information, visit the   [[OpenWetWare:Steering_committee/Town Hall Meeting|Town Hall Meeting]] page. (Note: to view the meeting page, click on the calendar date.)
-
<showhide>'''Notes from previous meetings'''__HIDER__
+
-
<hide>
+
-
*Prior to the committee formation, there were ad-hoc discussions on OWW development:
+
-
**[[OpenWetWare:Meeting notes|Old meetings]]
+
-
**[[OpenWetWare:Ideas|Ideas page]]
+
-
*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - 1/6/06 |1/6/06]]
+
-
*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - 1/26/06 |1/26/06]]
+
-
*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - 3/6/06 |3/6/06]]
+
-
*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - 4/3/06 |4/3/06 ]]
+
-
*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - 5/1/06 |5/1/06]]
+
-
*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - June 2006 |6/15/06]]
+
-
*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - July 2006 |7/13/06]]
+
-
*[[OpenWetWare_steering_committee/SC_retreat |7/25/06 Steering Committee Retreat]]
+
-
*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - August 2006 |8/10/06]]
+
-
</hide></showhide>
+
-
*[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - September 2006 |Nest Meeting - 9/14/2006]]
+
-
==Subcommittees==
+
:<font size=3>'''SC Mailing List'''</font>
-
*Site administration (what is best page to link to?)
+
 
-
**Maintain the technical infrastructure that keeps the site operational.
+
:*This list has restricted membership and is unmoderated.  If you would like to help, please participate in the [[OpenWetWare:Steering committee]] activities. You can sign up [http://groups.google.com/group/openwetware-discuss here].
-
*[[OpenWetWare:Funding|Funding committee]]
+
 
-
**Exploring funding options for OpenWetWare
+
:<font size=3>'''News'''</font>
-
*[[OpenWetWare:New account requests]]
+
:*April 17 2008: 12-1p EST OWW action hour.  Meet in the wiki chat room: http://openwetware.org/chat/.
-
**Approves new user requests based upon community rules regarding edit access.  
+
.
-
*Others?
+
 
 +
|-
 +
|}
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
__NOEDITSECTION__
 +
__NOTOC__

Current revision

   
OpenWetWare:Steering committee
The OpenWetWare Steering Committee is charged with leading the future direction of OpenWetWare. The steering committee is open to all OWW members, and we are actively seeking participants. You can add yourself to the discuss mailing list.

Members
Who's Involved?
Action List
Action items this month
Next Meeting
Suggested topics
Meetings
Agendas & Notes

Spotlight
Town Hall Meetings
  • OWW Town Hall Meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of every month. For information, visit the Town Hall Meeting page. (Note: to view the meeting page, click on the calendar date.)
SC Mailing List
  • This list has restricted membership and is unmoderated. If you would like to help, please participate in the OpenWetWare:Steering committee activities. You can sign up here.
News

.



Personal tools