OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - August 2006
< OpenWetWare:Steering committee
task check from last meeting?
- Have the retreat -- nice work with that ;)
- Put the video (or picture link to video) on the Main Page, but make sure video works with IE. (John Cumbers)
- Look into who we would hire/ask to help us put in place formal decision making processes and organizational structure. (Jason Kelly)
- Put a page listing all the suggested categories up on the protocols page. (Jenny Nguyen)
- Write letter to labs with empty homepages (Jenny Nguyen)
- Community Development: Sri Kosuri
- Do we have a date for Chris Surridge talk (likely in September as of last meeting - need to deal with his travel arrangements, etc.)
- Recruiting superusers (Jason Kelly)
- Should we try and find people to fill the sub-committee chairs that we currently have outlined? other strategies for recruiting more superusers?
- Education Coordinator: Reshma Shetty
- User Experience/Data Management: Jeff Gritton & Barry Canton
- Lab highlights: John Cumbers
- Infrastructure: (Jason & Ilya)
- Network outage at MIT, site down for ~14hrs.
- iCampus, professional hosting
- Wikimania recap: (Ilya & Austin)
Publishing Group Update
Tasks for the first 6 months of elected officers time
- To organise the next election in 6 months time and decide on 6/12 month terms