OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - August 2006
< OpenWetWare:Steering committee
- Time : 12-1pm EST, 8/10/06
- Room : 32-262 (Stata center)
task check from last meeting?
- Have the retreat -- nice work with that ;)
- Put the video (or picture link to video) on the Main Page, but make sure video works with IE. (John Cumbers) NOT DONE - I couldn't do this nicely, so gave up and just left the link. Next video I'll try again or ask for Jenny's help with nice looking graphics.
- Look into who we would hire/ask to help us put in place formal decision making processes and organizational structure. (Jason Kelly)
- Put a page listing all the suggested categories up on the protocols page. (Jenny Nguyen)
- Write letter to labs with empty homepages (Jenny Nguyen)
- Consider filing trademark applications on "OpenWetWare" in US (and perhaps UK, EU, China, India, and Japan)? who?
- Hardware Support: Need plan to support hardware and software. who?
- Look up other sister wiki's and link to them, have on sign-up page, "maybe this wiki's better for you? want to set up your own wiki.. guidelines. John DONE page
- set up a page of case studies, FAQ of people that we didn't allow accounts. and why? e.g physics lab, highschool students, companies, John to do done
- add elections to front page. DONE John & Barry
- Draft bylaws - done - John and Barry
- Drew, Jason, funding - Consider establishing organizational recognition w/in MIT. This would include gaining an MIT account (for donation purposes).
- SC Goals (Jason Kelly)
- What are our goals over the next 6 months?
- Community Development: Sri Kosuri
- Do we have a date for Chris Surridge talk (likely in September as of last meeting - need to deal with his travel arrangements, etc.)
- What are we doing about copyright issues?
- Education Coordinator: Reshma Shetty
- User Experience/Data Management: Jeff Gritton & Barry Canton
- Infrastructure: (Jason & Ilya)
- Network outage at MIT, site down for ~14hrs.
- iCampus, professional hosting
- Wikimania recap: (Ilya & Austin)
- Publishing Group Update and Reditt proposal I can only join the meeting at 12.30 or 12.45 so please leave this until the end. cheers, --Johncumbers 23:05, 7 August 2006 (EDT)
- Lab highlights: John Cumbers
- I apologize for not doing any work on the highlights this month. I will put together a plan for future highlights, recruit some more help, write some new highlights and make sure it keeps going this time. The voting thing should help highlight cool stuff. --Johncumbers 00:10, 10 August 2006 (EDT)
- Passive Recruiting: Should we add a small "Join OWW" icon to every OWW page (at the bottom, sort of like the mediawiki logo? Endy 10:42, 9 August 2006 (EDT)
- Front Page Make-over: When should we implement a new front-page? Jennyn 15:51, 9 August 2006 (EDT)
Tasks for the first 6 months of elected officers time
- To organise the next election in 6 months time and decide on 6/12 month terms