OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - August 2007
< OpenWetWare:Steering committee
Brief reports on the month's activity should be written by each chair 2 days before the SC meeting. At the meeting each chair will bring up any open issues that require discussion, but won't need to recount everything described below.
- July site stats. Traffic is somewhat increased in July, as it was last year in the summer (IGEM related?).
- A draft document of distilled OWW site statistics is available.
- The perl scripts developed for wikipedia, which we currently applying to extract stats for OWW, need to be updated to provide more OWW specific information (e.g. Most active new users, OWW namespace specific information,etc.) that we might be interested in. If we find this a priority, we should put down this as a feature request.
- All critical kinks have been worked out of the blog so we should be able to start SC posts, etc. It's definitely not perfect yet, so any changes / improvements you'd like to see please post them here. Also, if you'd like to write posts on the SC blog, add the username you would like to the list below. In the future we'll be integrating via OpenID with OWW usernames (there's a plug-in that doesn't exactly work yet), but for now we'll just have dual logins.
Usernames for SC blog
- First OWW feature highlight (the Biblio Extension) up this month
- Suggestions welcome for new lab highlight to be posted ASAP
- Get Bill Flanagan an OWW account & add him to relevant lists (i.e. Extensions list)
- Continue to prioritize the feature list
- update on elsevier/scopus integration
- IET Synthetic Biology move to open access?
- Relaunched search
- Bill Flanagan should be starting next week as the senior technology developer.
- Mission statement is going to be updated to include a little more detailed about our long term goals see OpenWetWare talk:Mission to give comments. Reshma will be moving it from talk page to the article page in a couple days.
- RSS feed integration
- formatting of the RSS feed w/in the wiki matters, Bill suggested looking into magpie
- Maureen suggested OWW pins, Mac has experience with this from iGEM, will check it out.
- We went over a few of the features in more detail, the notes about suggestions are located on the pages for each of the features.