OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - December 2007
< OpenWetWare:Steering committee
Brief reports on the month's activity should be written by each chair 2 days before the SC meeting. At the meeting each chair will bring up any open issues that require discussion, but won't need to recount everything described below.
- Following up with an opportunity to make it easier to use Connotea via login with OWW's OpenID.
- I won't be able to make the SC meeting, but the current main page course highlight should probably be swapped out soon, perhaps for a new lab highlight. Any suggestions?
- Word document importer
- Not especially good (particularly for tables), Bill will be releasing this.
- FCK editor - WYSIWYG everyone should test out.
- November update
- December goals - let bill know if you'd like to help out here!
- There was a suggestion to put a time limit on private wiki content, however the concern is that it would make people afraid to post stuff in the first place and make the wiki less usable.
- Maureen is writing an article about conducting courses on OWW, contact her if you would like to participate. She'll be sending out the link to the article draft which will be on OWW.
- There was a lot of discussion about using OWW for courses and some of the features people would like to see. For instance it would be nice to see the number of edits done by each of the students in the course.
- We also discussed how important improving OWW's position in the traditional publication sphere was to people. Barry suggested that supplementary materials might be the best starting point for that sort of thing - rather than focusing on someone formating a final article on OWW.