OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - February 2008

From OpenWetWare

< OpenWetWare:Steering committee(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Current revision (17:42, 7 February 2008) (view source)
 
(7 intermediate revisions not shown.)
Line 7: Line 7:
*Included a feed from the SC blog on the [[Main Page|main page]]
*Included a feed from the SC blog on the [[Main Page|main page]]
*We need lab notebook testers!
*We need lab notebook testers!
 +
**John and Vincent volunteered their students. Vincent needs better help documentation before he can roll it out.
==[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Communications chairs|Communications]]==
==[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Communications chairs|Communications]]==
==[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/News and highlights chairs|News and highlights]]==
==[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/News and highlights chairs|News and highlights]]==
 +
*SC blog feed now shows up on main page as does a feed of the most recent 5 new users.
 +
*"News and Highlights" section removed from main page.  This makes for a more streamlined design and allows the SC blog to serve as the primary venue for news and announcements.
 +
*Added a link back from new user page to main page (so new users can see their names in lights.)
 +
*Link to survey from feedback page.
==[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Outreach chairs|Outreach]]==
==[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Outreach chairs|Outreach]]==
 +
 +
* '''OWW Survey''':
 +
** At the end, we only have 26 entries ... not great
 +
** Find here a '''[[OpenWetWare:Steering_committee/Outreach_chairs/OWW_Survey/Results | quick overview of the results]]'''
 +
** What did we learn ? Was it a waste of time ? Is it worth to advertise it more ?
 +
** What should be the next step ?
 +
**Julius will send a message about the results of the survey.
==[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Software chairs|Software]]==
==[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Software chairs|Software]]==
 +
*Bill to work on the WYSIWYG editor. Email Bill if you want to test drive the lab notebook.
 +
*Including a map of all OWW users and where they are geographically. Ideas? Email Bill.
==[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Publishing chairs|Publishing]]==
==[[OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Publishing chairs|Publishing]]==
 +
*Update on Publishing committee teleconference yesterday
 +
*plan is for people to add requirements to the wiki and to comment
 +
*then to have another meeting in 2 wks time.
 +
*Discussion about connecting local groups on OWW--connecting lab to lab.
 +
*Lots of good discussion about publishing channels. Followup meeting is planned. Email John if you're interested in participating.
==[[OpenWetWare:Board|Board]]==
==[[OpenWetWare:Board|Board]]==
 +
*Lorrie started on Monday 2/4
 +
*Please schedule one-on-one phone calls/meetings with her to discuss your thoughts and efforts re OWW (lorrie AT openwetware DOT org)
=Notes=
=Notes=
 +
*John brought up the idea of an OpenScience Initiative. John will talk to Cameron Neylon. This will be an independent organization hosted on OWW. Email John if you're interested.
 +
*John also proposed the All-Digital Lab. Email him for details.
 +
 +
*

Current revision

Contents

SC Reports

Brief reports on the month's activity should be written by each chair 2 days before the SC meeting. At the meeting each chair will bring up any open issues that require discussion, but won't need to recount everything described below.

Analytics

Coordinator

  • Included a feed from the SC blog on the main page
  • We need lab notebook testers!
    • John and Vincent volunteered their students. Vincent needs better help documentation before he can roll it out.

Communications

News and highlights

  • SC blog feed now shows up on main page as does a feed of the most recent 5 new users.
  • "News and Highlights" section removed from main page. This makes for a more streamlined design and allows the SC blog to serve as the primary venue for news and announcements.
  • Added a link back from new user page to main page (so new users can see their names in lights.)
  • Link to survey from feedback page.

Outreach

  • OWW Survey:
    • At the end, we only have 26 entries ... not great
    • Find here a quick overview of the results
    • What did we learn ? Was it a waste of time ? Is it worth to advertise it more ?
    • What should be the next step ?
    • Julius will send a message about the results of the survey.

Software

  • Bill to work on the WYSIWYG editor. Email Bill if you want to test drive the lab notebook.
  • Including a map of all OWW users and where they are geographically. Ideas? Email Bill.

Publishing

  • Update on Publishing committee teleconference yesterday
  • plan is for people to add requirements to the wiki and to comment
  • then to have another meeting in 2 wks time.
  • Discussion about connecting local groups on OWW--connecting lab to lab.
  • Lots of good discussion about publishing channels. Followup meeting is planned. Email John if you're interested in participating.

Board

  • Lorrie started on Monday 2/4
  • Please schedule one-on-one phone calls/meetings with her to discuss your thoughts and efforts re OWW (lorrie AT openwetware DOT org)

Notes

  • John brought up the idea of an OpenScience Initiative. John will talk to Cameron Neylon. This will be an independent organization hosted on OWW. Email John if you're interested.
  • John also proposed the All-Digital Lab. Email him for details.
Personal tools