OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - February 2008
< OpenWetWare:Steering committee
Brief reports on the month's activity should be written by each chair 2 days before the SC meeting. At the meeting each chair will bring up any open issues that require discussion, but won't need to recount everything described below.
- Included a feed from the SC blog on the main page
- We need lab notebook testers!
- John and Vincent volunteered their students. Vincent needs better help documentation before he can roll it out.
- SC blog feed now shows up on main page as does a feed of the most recent 5 new users.
- "News and Highlights" section removed from main page. This makes for a more streamlined design and allows the SC blog to serve as the primary venue for news and announcements.
- OWW Survey:
- At the end, we only have 26 entries ... not great
- Find here a quick overview of the results
- What did we learn ? Was it a waste of time ? Is it worth to advertise it more ?
- What should be the next step ?
- Update on Publishing committee teleconference yesterday
- plan is for people to add requirements to the wiki and to comment
- then to have another meeting in 2 wks time.
- Lorrie started on Monday 2/4
- Please schedule one-on-one phone calls/meetings with her to discuss your thoughts and efforts re OWW (lorrie AT openwetware DOT org)