OpenWetWare:Steering committee next meeting

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 6: Line 6:
''Please post any topics you would like the SC to consider at the next meeting -- you don't need to be on the committee to post something here!''
''Please post any topics you would like the SC to consider at the next meeting -- you don't need to be on the committee to post something here!''
-
'''Next Meeting: April 10, 2008 @ Noon EST ONLINE!'''
+
'''Next Meeting: May meeting to scheduled'''
''The monthly meeting is both online ([http://openwetware.org/chat join the chat here]) AND has teleconferencing (call  617-324-7294, or sip:sc@openwetware.org).  ''
''The monthly meeting is both online ([http://openwetware.org/chat join the chat here]) AND has teleconferencing (call  617-324-7294, or sip:sc@openwetware.org).  ''
Line 13: Line 13:
New items:
New items:
-
*Should the SC meetings be revamped to better reflect the needs of the OWW community? Should there be a monthly teleconference or are there other, better options that will motivate more people from the community to join?
+
* Focus of OWW over the next  6 months should be the promotion of open science and use of lab notebook
 +
* Talk about chairs and how to group different members around different areas
 +
* Each month, SC to come up with a small, fun activity that can be picked up by a new member.
*"idea of bottom-up development, where new features of OWW are suggested by and in part built by members of the community" - OpenWetWare Platform/API (a la [http://developers.facebook.com/ Facebook])?
*"idea of bottom-up development, where new features of OWW are suggested by and in part built by members of the community" - OpenWetWare Platform/API (a la [http://developers.facebook.com/ Facebook])?
-
Items carried over from the March SC meeting:
+
Items from the March SC meeting topic list that were not discussed:
*Is the FCKEditor good to go for all new users?
*Is the FCKEditor good to go for all new users?
*approach for dealing with pseudoscience
*approach for dealing with pseudoscience

Revision as of 17:40, 10 April 2008

The OpenWetWare Steering Committee is charged with leading the future direction of OpenWetWare. The steering committee is open to all OWW members, and we are actively seeking participants. You can add yourself to the discuss mailing list.

Members
Who's Involved?
Action List
Action items this month
   
OpenWetWare:Steering committee next meeting
Next Meeting
Suggested topics
Meetings
Agendas & Notes

Please post any topics you would like the SC to consider at the next meeting -- you don't need to be on the committee to post something here!

Next Meeting: May meeting to scheduled

The monthly meeting is both online (join the chat here) AND has teleconferencing (call 617-324-7294, or sip:sc@openwetware.org).

Everyone is welcome to participate simply by calling in and joining the chat.It tends to work best if participants do both to fully take part in the meeting.

New items:

  • Focus of OWW over the next 6 months should be the promotion of open science and use of lab notebook
  • Talk about chairs and how to group different members around different areas
  • Each month, SC to come up with a small, fun activity that can be picked up by a new member.
  • "idea of bottom-up development, where new features of OWW are suggested by and in part built by members of the community" - OpenWetWare Platform/API (a la Facebook)?

Items from the March SC meeting topic list that were not discussed:

Browse archive


Personal tools