OpenWetWare steering committee/Community development ideas
< OpenWetWare steering committee
Please post any ideas you have about OpenWetWare community development here.
- An improved OpenWetWare:Community Portal would go a long way towards encouraging the growth of the "back-end" user community. We could use the wikipedia community portal as a model.
- Can embed google video on a site (without even a google logo on it or anything) and they will stream for free, so we could host videos there if we wanted.
- At the last steering committee meeting we brought up looking into the Singapore/MIT alliance rooms that already have the built-in AV equipment.
- Not sure if this belongs here, but it would be great if we could get people to put at least a small amount of info on their user pages, particularly those who contribute regularly. I think accountability for/credibility of info on OWW kind of depends on this. Otherwise, we should just allow editing to be anonymous. Not too much info is required for this, just a short bit about who they are.--Kathleen
- We've been trying to encourage this as much as possible. Every email that goes out to a new user includes a line encouraging them to start editing their user page. In fact, with many new users, we put a line on their user page for them when we create the account. However, many of the recent influx of OWW users are BE.109 students, and so I haven't been doing this because they are supposed to put something on their user page as part of their assignment. Regardless, I agree that this is a good idea. --RS