OpenWetWare talk:Community Portal
Improving the community portal
- Shorten significantly.
- Partially done. Most of the text that I cut was discussion on the portal rather than actual content. I moved all of that to this discussion page or just deleted it entirely.
- Move the various discussions regarding OWW to here.
- Work in progress.
- Remove all the help items that are currently at the bottom of the page.
- Give greater prominence to the discussions and improve page navigability (is this a word?:)).
- Making it shorter may be sufficient to accomplish this.
- Make initial paragraph describing the community portal clearer.
Please feel free to improve the style and content of the community portal in major and minor ways.
Community Portal Discussion
- This page is basically a simplified version of the wikipedia community portal. We can add more of their features here as appropriate. Please feel free to edit in major and minor ways.--BC 15:43, 9 February 2006 (EST)
- I'm trying to use this page to aggregate all the discussions and pages that have been generated regarding the issue of community development and back-end users.
- There is currently still help info. at the bottom of the page. All this information may best be relocated to a master help page.
Making it easier for people to contribute
In the future, there are some other things we could do to help people contribute to OWW -
- Rename this page or give it a more prominent location.
- Create a mailing list for people interested in opportunities to contribute to OWW. This would be a contributors/developers mailing list. All the same information would be available on this page but its always useful to receive reminders of what needs to be done.
- It may also be useful to create a developers sub-committee of the OpenWetWare steering committee that could meet (in person if the need arises) to make decisions about new features or the organization of OWW.
- What other ways can we enable people to contribute to OWW?
Community development meeting 2/21/06
To discuss ways to encourage people to contribute to the OWW community at any level.
- Barry Canton
- Jeff Gritton
- Jason Kelly
- Ilya Sytchev
- John Cumbers
- Sriram Kosuri
- Reshma Shetty
- Austin Che
- Alice Cox - OCW