OpenWetWare talk:Software/Projects/Lab Notebooks
Where to post ideas?
- Steve Koch 22:51, 25 April 2008 (EDT):Is there a place you are currently collecting ideas for lab notebooks? I thought of one:
- Ricardo Vidal 01:06, 26 April 2008 (EDT): This is something that we'll be implementing in one of our next iterations of the lab notebook. We are a couple short steps away from deploying our one-click install. Soon after we'll be working on some other features. One that was discussed is this feature that would allow to preview what's "behind" each date with a simple hover of the mouse. Thanks for the input.
- Jason R. Kelly 13:12, 26 April 2008 (EDT): I think you have to be careful with hover-popups, they can be super-annoying. (like on those sites with underlined words and popup ads when you hover). not saying it couldn't work, but might be tough to do in a non-annoying way.
- Steve Koch 14:40, 26 April 2008 (EDT)I wasn't thinking of full preview popups, but more similar to the "tips" that appear currently when you mouse over some of the links on the left and top currently on OWW. I agree that graphical popups would possibly be annoying. Currently on the private wiki, we create sub-pages on a given day's notebook, so the page name indicates topic and date. if we did this on the new notebook model, then you'd lose the nice 'previous' and 'next' links on the sub-page, correct?
- Ricardo Vidal 14:47, 26 April 2008 (EDT): Not going to make anything hover except for the mouse. We'll be putting a div next to the calendar that will display a preview/list of the content on that day's entry.