P004 - VS
Consumer of electricity
- Asked questions about electricity info
- Asked whether the questions were about myself, or the survey will be for them to see how they can make things better
Initial thought was to answer addition questions because I was getting paid
- Answer differently if she had the survey @ home
- Would have to look @ schedule ahead of time
- Better if she knew how many extra questions there were
Had a good understanding of the text
- Was skeptical about the questionnaire, not sure why, but would guess to see if she is a representative customer
- Raises questions, would help to see the questionnaire, how personal are the questions? Would it ask for more personal questions or questions about electricity use?
- Don't see a document that guarantees confidentiality, wants something to sign
- Would not participate for concerns of privacy and confidentiality
Questions About You
Hours @ home
- On average?
- Day time waking hours? Or include sleeping?
Questions About Energy Efficiency
- Don't have frame of reference
- How representative is my household compared to others? If I stopped to think, it would be hard to gauge and answers would just be an impression--not entirely accurate
- Geopolitical--some schemes have some serious environmental hazards
- Deeply felt concern, but not an activist
- Not crazy about personal control
- About protecting the environment
- Need for cooperation and altruism, ingenuity, and creativity
- Because there might be colonization of other planets
- Analogy a bit extreme
- Does not like the idea of dominating nature. We don't know enough right now to actualy dominate without causing adverse reactions
- Sustainability entails limits, not safe to think that growth as having no limits
- What she knows about balance from the past, its better to assume that the balance is easily upset
More Questions About Energy Efficiency
Tech adoption + eco purchases ...
- Have made purchases, but is mainly constrained by budget (changing products and appliances)
- Have never actually bought appliances before
- Technology laudite
- Nothing comes to mind when thinking about clear and present hazard. Needs to be able to guarantee that the product causes that harm. A lot of grey area
Electricity Use Questions (Part I)
- Duquenese seems to be honest and willing to clarify questions. Certain degree of mistrust of corporations & government entities
- Scientific material can be replicated . The way the community is set up improves trust. Maybe not all individuals are trustworthy, but they are as a whole.
- Community -- not really integreated
- Government politics might get in the way
- Not close to co-workers
Is it okay to count housemates or just me?
- Not sure why some of these questions were here in this section, such as flu shots and public library
SM + IHD ...
- Wants daily electricity use (totals)
- Wants to break down to appliances
- Have it for a year at minimum
- Enjoy would not be the word she would use
- Needs an objective gauge of the IHD rather than her own subjective gauge on whether the IHD reduces her energy use