Prbbbb:dna measurement on plate v1
- Tecan plate reader
- (or any reader that accepts 384 plates and can measure at 260 and 280 nm)
- 384 well UV transmissive plate with flat clear bottom
- we use Greiner UV star Cat # 781 801
- miniprepped DNA, at least 30 µl
- well dimension: flat bottom 3.3 mm x 3.3 mm
- DNA extinction coefficient e: 50 [(ng * cm) / µl]
- path length:
d = V / (3.3^2 * mm^2)
V... volume per well in µl
c = (A * e) / d
- c... DNA concentration in ng / µl
- A... Absorbance @ 260 nm
- d... path length in cm
- Pipette exact volume of DNA samples into 384 well plate
- measure 260 nm and 280 nm absorbance on plate reader
- Pipette sample back into storage plate
- calculate DNA concentration from formula above (compare to reference)
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
raik: This protocol is quick and robust in my hands.
or instead, discuss this protocol.