Prince:Intro to Mass Spectrometry Proteomics
Here are some introductory resources to the field of Mass Spectrometry Proteomics. Add more as you come across them.
- Mass spectrometry–based proteomics in cell biology - review by Walther & Mann
- Proteome Bioinformatics - book published in 2010, free pdfs available
- Proteomics by Mass Spectrometry: Approaches, Advances, and Applications (Yates, Ruse, and Nakorchevsky)
- Yates, Ruse, and Nakorchevsky (see review above)
"Mass spectrometry (MS) is the most comprehensive and versatile tool in large-scale proteomics"
- Interview with Matthias Mann (2007)
Q: Where do you see mass spectrometry taking the field of proteomics in the next 5 years? A: The future is now limitless … we can read out the proteome in a quantitative way, in a large-scale fashion… We not only want to know what proteins are present in a sample, but also how they're modified… Q: Are there other applications we should keep our eyes out for? A: … new field called "interaction proteomics" … see which proteins talk to which other proteins.
- Can Proteomics Retire the Western Blot? (commentary by M. Mann)