- Work smart, work hard, or both.
- Work on projects you are excited about.
- Help others around you, including non-lab members.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Live the Lab Philosophy
- As much as possible, be in/around the lab between 9am - 4pm.
- To promote good science and lab aesthetic, keep things clean and organized.
- Undergraduates: apply for ORCA in the Fall and URA each semester
- expected for salaried students
- recommended for volunteers
- Graduate students: TA the equivalent of a 20hr semester per year.
- allows the lab funds to go further
- gives the student valuable experience
- Doctoral Candidates
- One 1st author publication in a top-tier journal (Nature, Science, Cell or PNAS)
- One or more 1st or 2nd author publications as needed to graduate
- Undergraduates (Salaried)
- One 1st author publication or two 2nd author publications
- Undergraduates (Volunteer)
- 1st or 2nd author on a publication
* 2nd author means any authorship besides 1st author