from Science Magazine
- Mammoth Study Finds New Genes for Mental Retardation
Scan of X chromosome may aid prenatal screening
- The Mother of All Pileups
Crash of giant gas clouds suggests dark matter's hand
- Did Humans Learn From Hobbits?
A new study raises the possibility that modern humans copied the toolmaking methods of a smaller-brained hominid
- How Early Was Oxygen's Rise?
New lab experiments challenge ideas about when oxygen arrived in Earth's atmosphere
- Ancient Ecosystem Discovered Beneath Antarctic Glacier
Buried lake hints at how organisms can survive extreme environments
- Red Leaves Say, "Bug Off!"
Study supports idea that autumn colors deter insect pests
- KISSing Galactic Cousins Break the Mold
Survey detects large galaxies that may be too young to have grown so big
- Fortified Wine Goes Way Back
Ancient Egyptians started spiking their wine with medicinal herbs earlier than previously thought
- Ebola Recovery, Irish Budget Cuts, and Lead Poisoning
Here's a roundup of some of the science policy stories we covered this past week on Science's policy blog, ScienceInsider