Publishing Group

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
Line 23: Line 23:
#[[Julie Norville]]
#[[Julie Norville]]
#[[User:Skosuri|Sri Kosuri]]
#[[User:Skosuri|Sri Kosuri]]
 +
#[[Ty Thomson|Ty]]
Things to discuss:
Things to discuss:

Revision as of 18:10, 3 October 2005

There will be two "synthetic biology" publishing group meetings this week.
One during Tuesday lunch, another during Thursday lunch.
Attend one or both, as you like (I'll be attending both just to handle organization and take notes).


Each meeting will begin at 12:10p at 68-577 (5th floor tea room) and move to a nearby room. Each meeting will end at 12:50p.


Please add your ideas/questions below that you would like to discuss.


Attending:

  1. Drew
  2. BC
  3. Reshma
  4. Natalie
  5. Austin Che
  6. Jason
  7. Pam Silver
  8. Samantha
  9. Caitlin
  10. Julie Norville
  11. Sri Kosuri
  12. Ty

Things to discuss:

  1. Do we need a Synthetic Biology specific journal?
  2. Does the peer review process, as practiced work?
  3. Is peer review needed for engineering research articles?
  4. What features would we like for our papers? Reader comments? Reader Wiki?
  5. How should the structure of a paper be changed to reflect things like, well, the Internets?
  6. What existing journals are the most appropriate/receptive venues for publication of SB work?
  7. How is publishing on SB topics different from any other field?
  8. What are the other (if any) alternate publishing models already out there?
  9. Non-synthetic biology improvement:Author IDs or URIs or something. Noticed this while trying to set up myNCBI searches for people with more common names, what a pain. I'm changing my name to xyuitk.
  10. Can we ensure that publishing and access to publications is equally open to all institutions regardless of rank?
  11. <your question/idea>

Relevant material:

Personal tools