Raj Lab:Reading list
Here's a list of papers that we think are interesting or useful (still very much a work in progress...):
Introduction to stochastic effects in gene expression
- Ko MS, Nakauchi H, and Takahashi N. . pmid:2167833.
A surprisingly modern analysis of non-genetic variability in gene expression in mammalian cells.
- Elowitz MB, Levine AJ, Siggia ED, and Swain PS. . pmid:12183631.
A beautiful demonstration that variability in gene expression is intrinsically random.
- Ozbudak EM, Thattai M, Kurtser I, Grossman AD, and van Oudenaarden A. . pmid:11967532.
Perhaps the first demonstration of the dependence of variability upon biochemical parameters.
- Berg HC and Purcell EM. . pmid:911982.
A classic paper about the physical limits of receptor function.
- Gregor T, Tank DW, Wieschaus EF, and Bialek W. . pmid:17632062.
- Wernet MF, Mazzoni EO, Celik A, Duncan DM, Duncan I, and Desplan C. . pmid:16525464.
A technical tour de force in which the authors show that stochastic expression established the retinal mosaic in fruit flies.