Registry of Standard Biological Models/Registry organization
< Registry of Standard Biological Models
- Define features of the future Registry of BioBrick Models:
- Supported parts and associated models.
- Supported user actions (edit, browse, search ...)
- Specify interactions with the existing physical DNA Registry.
- Detail choices in term of implementation.
Supported user actions
Interactions with DNA Registry
- A link to the Registry of Models should be provided from any DNA Registry part:The link will point to a 'Special Page' on the Model Registry with a set of information relating to the part described, such as:
- Part type (Constituve Promoter, Activated Promoter, RBS, Coding Region, Composite ...)
- ID of the part used on the DNA Registry
- if it is a composite part, the Registry should provide through the link the sequence of the atomic parts (or maybe the subparts???).
- The registry of BioBrick models will be implemented as a new Registry (run on a different server than the DNA registry).
- At first, a full integration within the mediaWiki framework will be explored:
- models will be curated as standard wiki pages.
- possible need to implement Special Pages or Extensions.
- interactions with the DNA Registry might require changes on the DNA Registry side.