Reshma Shetty/Google Earth tour videos
Some quick notes on how I made this google earth tour video (so that I can do it again).
In Google Earth
- Set the disk cache size to 2000 MB (under Preferences->Cache)
- Set the Tour Pause to 0.5 seconds (under Preferences->Touring)
- View->Show Navigation->Never
- View->View Size->Computer Playback->640 x 480
- Hide the status bar
- Cmd-shift-3 to launch
- Set the frame rate to 30 per second
- Check the option for smoother video which is more CPU intensive
- Press return to start recording
- Press Cmd-shift-3 to stop recording
You can use QuickTime Pro to trim a few seconds off the beginning.
- Have it show dialog boxes at each institution with descriptions and pictures of the labs.
- Somehow automate addition of labs to the kmz file.
- Do something like Mappr in which it pulls in flickr photos that are tagged with openwetware and a latitude and longitude and displays them on a map.
In case anyone wants to make a better version of this video ... here is the kmz file: OpenWetWare.kmz.