OpenWetWare:Reviews is an experiment in providing always up-to-date scientific reviews. When a new publication comes out it can be easily incorporated into the review by OWW editors. This should be a win-win for both the review-writer (less work) and the readers (who get a more up-to-date resource). We'll be trying reviews with a 'curator' (as discussed for consensus protocols) as well as ones without.
- Wikify some existing OA reviews
- Try and get the original author (or someone expert in the topic area) to be the curator for a few of the articles.
- Leave some of the articles curator-free as a trial, still not clear if you want/need a curator.
Wikify existing Reviews
- At the moment it looks like we should find good reviews in PLoS and BMC, as they are the only journals that allow derivative works. If there is a review in a journal where the author retains copyright, then we can ask the author to release a pre-print version under a CC license and that should work too. (see the talk page)
- Jasonk 11:37, 6 March 2007 (EST): Anyone interested in being a curator for a review in their field of expertise? I can't promise you scientific rewards yet, but I suspect this will become an accepted form of merit down the line ;)
- Is there an easy way to search only OA journals?
- Looks like best bet would be to search known OA journals such as BMC or PLoS.
- not sure if this is just OA, but just for UK I think: http://ukpmc.ac.uk/ --Johncumbers 19:46, 6 March 2007 (EST)