Rice Lab News:
- July 2012: Congrats to Dr. Mark Seeger on completing his PhD defense and publishing his work on intrinsic disorder in kinesin tails in Proteins.
- December 2011: Squeaking in just-in-time, the Rice lab has a 2011 paper: Josh's work on the coordination between Eg5 motor domains has been published in Biophysical Journal.
- November 2011: Congratulations to fully-fledged PhD candidate, Julian Klosowiak on passing his qualifying exam!
- May 2011: We are happy to welcome our newest additions to the lab: graduate student Julian Klosowiak and technician Melissa Gonzalez. In addition to doubling the size of the lab, the average speed of the lab on bikes has also increased substantially (p<.05).
- March 2011: The Rice lab has returned from a great trip to the 55th Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society. Mark and Josh both presented posters during the microtubule-motors session.
- June 2010: Congratulations to Dr. Yao Wong on his completed PhD thesis: Tail- and Light-Chain Mediated Regulation of the Kinesin-1 Motor. Enjoy the beautiful weather in sunny San Diego!
- May 2010: 2010 has been a great year for Rice Lab Publications. Check out Mark's paper in the Journal of Biological Chemistry, Adam's paper in the Biophysical Journal and Yao's paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- April 2010: Congratulations to Josh Waitzman on winning a John and Fannie Hertz Foundation Fellowship! Josh is the fourth Northwestern student to receive the Hertz fellowship since its founding in 1963, and was selected as one of 15 fellows from a pool of over 600 applicants. Read more here and here.