This protocol is for the typical ligation of DNA done using the Richard Lab Standard Assembly 2.0.The consensus Ligation protocol should be consulted if deviating from the procedure outlined here.
1.Mix together the following:
- a. 11µl of deionized water
- b. 2µl of Reaction Buffer for T4 Ligase.
- c. 3µl digested "Vector" (Phosphatased).
- d. 3µl digested "Insert" (PCR product digested with DpnI).
- e. 1µl of DNA Ligase.
2. Incubate at room-temp for 10 mins (or at 4°C overnight for blunt ends)
3. Kill Reaction for 15 mins at 65°C Do not forget this step
- Mike has had problems with blunt end ligation if this reaction is let go for too long.
- If the ligase is not heat killed then it will remain attached to the DNA and will severely inhibit transformation efficiency.