Please join us at our upcoming monthly Bay Area Synthetic Biology Practices Working Group Meetings. These meetings are informal discussions over dinner and are open to anyone in the community interested in exploring and advancing best practices in synthetic biology.
December 13th 5:00-8:00pm @ JBEI
- SynBERC Siebel Scholars Syn Bio Summit - "Syn Bio's Role in Building the Bioeconomy"
- Register here by 5pm PST Friday December 9th
- email Megan (mjpalmer at stanford dot edu) to inquire on availability after December 9th
- Margaret Race
January 18th 6:30-8:30pm @ UCSF Mission Bay
- Margaret Race, PhD, ecologist working with NASA through the SETI Institute.
- Margaret will lead a discussion on framing emerging technology development in the real world. Drawing on her diverse work in policy, regulation, and risk perceptions - in areas including nuclear technologies, astrobiology, genetic engineering and emerging infectious disease - she will offer perspectives on how the synthetic biology community can understand and navigate the societal forces shaping our technologies.
- RSVP to Megan Palmer (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday January 17th at 3pm to receive location details.
- Dinner provided by SynBERC
February 28th 6:30-8:30pm (Location TBA)
- Jaime Youssif - Microbial Forensics
Other Events of Interest
Membership and Mailing Lists
We're always looking for new members! Anyone is welcome to join. To sign up:
1. Request an invitation to our [Google Group] to receive updates and announcements.
2. Add yourself to the Members page.