Bay Area Science Festival
General Information about the festival: http://www.bayareascience.org/festival/
There are (at least) three main types of events we might consider:
- A public forum/seminar (See 'wonder dialogues', we have a hold on the David Brower Center in Berkeley - 180 person capacity - for Nov 1st)
- A hand-on carnival-style event with hands-on activities/demos (See 'Discovery Days' - a huge carnival being run at AT&T park on Nov 6th)
- A science cafe - an informal discussion with a scientist at a bar/cafe (See the 'science pub crawl' being run on Nov 4th)
I'd like to first explore a public forum event, as we have to act quickly on this if we'd like to keep the date/space. At the last working group meeting there was some ideas about how to make a forum more fun and interactive than a normal lecture format, such as making it into a 'game show'.
Please use the space below to suggest speakers, topics and formats (please list your name alongside)!
- Drew Endy (Megan P)
- Jay Keasling (can't make it)
- Life as we don't know it (Megan)
- The game of (new) life (Megan)
-Design your own microbe (Megan) -Creating life: What can we do? What should we do? (Megan)
- Moderated panel discussion between scientists, ethicists, news people, govt officials / FBI ? (Megan)