Sarah Carratt 4.12.11
(Difference between revisions)
Sarah Carratt (Talk | contribs)
(New page: =Modeling!!= ==Gene Regulation and Modeling== *Focused on measuring RNA and modeling dynamic behavior of proteins that RNA spins off *High activity in RNA should mean high protein behavio...)
Next diff →
Revision as of 11:41, 12 April 2011
Gene Regulation and Modeling
- Focused on measuring RNA and modeling dynamic behavior of proteins that RNA spins off
- High activity in RNA should mean high protein behavior
- Low activity in RNA should mean low protein behavior
Modeling in Network Construction
- Qualitative, not just quantitative/numbers
- Active genes working simultaneously → transcription factors
- Define "simultaneously"
- Database represents a model built through experiments and literature
- Clustering and the modeling aspect
- Define distance metric (this is what it means for two things to be close together)
- Easily build matrix of closeness once distance is defined
- Clustering is more subtle
- time 1 graphed vs time 2...dot plot!
- two+ clusters that are distinct, separate based on where they fall..."an art"