CFSE is used to fluorescently label live cells in order to track them. 5,6-CFDA/SE is membrane permeable, but trapped in the cell when converted by intracellular esterases. CFSE is equally partitioned to daughter cells during division and can be used to measure cell proliferation.
- 15 mL polypropylene tubes
- 5,6-CFDA/SE Invitrogen C1157 dissolved in DMSO at 5 mM and stored at -20°C.
- Suspend PBMCs at 10x106 cells/mL in PBS alone.
- Cells should be in PBS for CFSE labeling.
- If CFSE negative control is needed, remove cells now.
- Make '2X' concentration (10 μM) in PBS
- For example: add 5 mL PBS + 10 μL 5 mM CFSE
- Combine 1:1 PBMC cells + CFSE (e.g. 5 mL PBMCs + 5 mL CFSE) in 15mL tube.
- Place in 37°C H2O bath x 10 min.
- Wash in 10 mL complete medium.
- Resuspend in medium at desired density
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.