Shreffler:Standard Buffers Solutions Media
Many of these are available at Materials and to reduce redundancy those are referred to and this page is not included in the Protocols or Materials categories.
This page contains lab-specific details -- please edit.
Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS)
Luria Bertani Media
Modified to make 0.5 L
- 5g of tryptone,
- 2.5g of yeast extract, and
- 5g of NaCl in 450 mL of dH2O
- Place on stirring plate with stir bar and allow to mix, until everything dissolves
- After completely dissolved, bring the volume up to 500 mL
- Divide into two 150 ml flasks and store remaining in a sterile bottle
- Autoclave the two flasks and sterile bottle (30 min)