(Difference between revisions)
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
*Swinburne, IA., Meyer, CA., Liu, S., Silver, PA, and Brodsky, AS. Genomic localization of RNA binding proteins reveals links between pre-mRNA processing and transcription, 2006. Genome Research, accepted.
*Swinburne, IA., Meyer, CA., Liu, S., Silver, PA, and Brodsky, AS. Genomic localization of RNA binding proteins reveals links between pre-mRNA processing and transcription, 2006. Genome Research, accepted.
Revision as of 20:28, 20 April 2006
- Phillips I, Silver P, A New Biobrick Assembly Strategy Designed for Facile Protein Engineering, MIT Synthetic Biology Working Group Reports, published online 20 April 2006 at MIT dspace (doi: 1721.1/32535)
- Swinburne, IA., Meyer, CA., Liu, S., Silver, PA, and Brodsky, AS. Genomic localization of RNA binding proteins reveals links between pre-mRNA processing and transcription, 2006. Genome Research, accepted.
- Drubin, DA., Garakani, AM., and Silver, PA. Motion as phenotype. The use of live-cell imaging and machine visual screening to characterize transcription-dependent chromosome dynamics. 2006. BMC Cell Biology, in press.
- Brown, CR and Silver, PA. Poreing the right dose. 2006. Nature Cell Biology.
- Auld, KL., Brown, CR., Casolari, JM., Komili, S. and Silver, PA. Genomic Association of the Proteasome Demonstrates Overlapping Gene Regulatory Activity with Transcription Factor Substrates. 2006. Molecular Cell, 21:861-871. Absract.
- Bachand, F., Lackner, D., Bahler, J., and Silver, PA. Autoregulation of ribosome bio-synthesis by a translational response in fission yeast. 2006. Mol Cell Biol., 26:1731-42. Absract
- Vandegraaff, N., Devroe, E., Turlure, F., Silver, P.A., and Engelman, A. Genetic and biochemical analyses of integrase-interaction proteins lens epithelium-derived growth factor (LEDGF/p75) and hepatoma-derived growth factor 2 (HRP2) in preintegration complex formation and HIV replication. 2006, Virology, in press. Abstract
- Hitchcock, A.L., Kahana, J.A., and Silver, P.A. The uses of green fluorescent protein in yeasts. 2006. Methods Biochem Anal. 47:179-201
- Robinson, M.A., Park, S., Sun, Z.Y., Silver, P.A., Wagner, G., and Hogle, J.M. Multiple conformations in the ligand-binding site of the yeast nuclear pore targeting domain of Nup116p J. Biol. Chem. 2005. Aug 16. Abstract
- Brodsky, A.S., Meyer, C.A., Hall, G., Swinburne, I.A., Keenan, B.J., Liu, X.S., Fox, E.A., and., Silver, P.A. Genomic mapping of RNA Polymerase II reveals sites of co-transcriptional regulation in human cells. Genome Biology. 2005. Jul 15:6(8): R64 Abstract
- McKee, A.E., Minet, E., Stern, C., Riahi, S., Stiles, C.D., and., Silver, P.A. A genome-wide in situ hybridization map of RNA-binding proteins reveals anatomically restricted expression in the developing mouse brain. BMC Dev Biol. 2005. July 20;5(1):14 Abstract
- Carrol, J.S., Liu, X.S., C.R., Brodsky, A.S., Meyer, C.A., Li, W., Szary, A., Shao, W., Hesterman, E., Geistlinger, T.R., Fox, E.A., Silver, P.A., and Brown, M. Chromosome-wide mapping of estrogen receptor binding reveals long-range combinatorial regulation requiring forkhead proteins. Cell. 2005. July 15;122(1):33-43 Abstract
- Park, S., Isaacson, R., Kim, H.T., Silver, P.A., and Wagner, G. Ufd1 exhibits the AAA-ATPase fold with two distinct ubiquitin interaction sites. Structure (Camb) 2005. Jul; 13(7):995-1005. Abstract
- Casolari, J.M., Brown, C.R., Drubin, D.A., Rando, O.J., and Silver, P.A. Developmentally induced changes in transcriptional program alter spatial organization across chromosomes. Genes Dev. 2005. May 15;19(10):1188-98. Abstract
- Schroeder, F.C., Kau, T.R., Silver, P.A., and Clardy, J. The psammaplysenes, specific inhibitors of FOXO1a nuclear export. J Nat Prod 2005. Apr; 68(4):574-6. Abstract
- Devroe, E., Silver, P.A., and Engelman, A. HIV-1 incorporates and proteolytically processes human NDR1 and NDR2 serine-threonine kinases. Virology 2005. Jan 5; 331(1):181-9. Abstract
- Hieronymus, H., and Silver, P.A. A systems view of mRNP biology. Genes Dev. 2004. Dec 1,18(23):2845-60.Abstract
- Lu, R., Limon, A., Devroe, E., Cherepanov, P., Silver, P.A., and Engelman, Class II integrase mutants with changes in putative nuclear localization signals are primarily blocked at a post-nuclear entry step of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replication. J. Virol. 2004. Dec; 78(23):12735-46.Abstract
- Hieronymus, H., Yu, M.C., and Silver, P.A. Genome-wide mRNA surveillance is coupled to the mRNA export. Genes Dev. 2004. Nov 1; 18(21):2652-62.Abstract
- Silver, P.A. and Way, Jeffrey. The potential for synthetic biology. The Scientist. 2004. Sept. 27; 18(18);30-1. Epub
- Cherepanov, P., Devroe, E., Silver, P.A., and Engelman, A. Identification of an evolutionarily-conserved domain in LEDGF/p75 that binds HIV-1 integrase. J. Biol. Chem. 2004; Sept. 14. Epub
- Turlure, F., Devroe, E., Silver, P.A., and Engelman, A. Human cell proteins and human immunodeficiency virus DNA integration. Front Biosci. 2004; Sept. 1; 9:3187-208. Abstract
- Yu, M.C., Bachand F., McBride, A.E., Komili, S., Casolari, J.M., and Silver, P.A. Arginine methyltransferase affects interactions and recruitment of mRNA processing and export factors. Genes Dev 2004, Aug. 15. 18(16):2024-35. Abstract
- McKee A.E.. and Silver, P.A. REF-ereeing the cytoplasmic fate of mRNA via nuclear export. Dev Cell 2004. July 7; 23(13):2641-50.Abstract
- Bachand, F. and Silver, P.A. PRMT3 is a ribosomal protein methyltransferase that affects the cellular levels of ribosomal subunits. EMBO J 2004. July 7; 23(13):2641-50.Abstract
- Casolari, J.M., Brown, C.R., Komili, S., West, J., Hieronymus, H., and Silver, P.A. Genome-wide localization of the nuclear transport machinery reveals coupling of transcriptional status and nuclear organization. Cell. 2004. May 14; 117(4):427-39.Abstract
- Casolari, J.M. and Silver, P.A. Guardian at the gate: preventing unspliced pre-mRNA export. Trends Cell B iol. 2004. May, 14(5):222-5 Abstract
- Devroe, E., Erdjument-Bromage, H., Tempst, P., and Silver, P.A. Human Mob proteins regulate the NDR1 and NDR2 serine-threonine kinases. JBC. April 2, 2004. Abstract
- Devroe, E., and Silver, P.A. Therapeutic potential of retroviral RNAi vectors Expert Opin. Biol. Ther. 2004; 4(3):319-27.
- Kau, T.R., Way, J.C., and Silver, P.A. Nuclear transport and cancer: from mechanism to intervention. Nat. Rev. Cancer. 2004; Feb; 4(2):106-17. Abstract
- Jiang, Y., Minet, E., Zhang, Z., Silver, P.A., and Bai, M. Modulation of interprotomer relationship is important for activation of dimeric calcium-sensing receptor. J. Biol. Chem. 2004. Abstract
- Kau, T.R., Schroeder, F., Ramazwamy, S., Wojciechowski, C.L., Zhao, J.J., Roberts, T.M., Clardy, J., Sellers, W.R., and Silver, P.A. A Chemical genetic screen identifies inhibitors of regulated nuclear export of a Forkhead transcription factor in PTEN deficient tumor cells. Cancer Cell. 2003; 4(6):463-76. Abstract
- Haggarty, S.J., Koeller, K.M., Kau, T.R., Silver, P.A., Roberge, M., and Schreiber, S.L. Small molecule modulation of the human chromatid decatenation checkpoint. Chem. Biol. 2003; 10(12):1267-79. Abstract
- Hitchcock, A.L., Auld, K., Gygi, S.P., and Silver, P.A. A subset of membrane-associated proteins is ubiquitinated in response to mutations in the endoplasmic reticulum degradation machinery. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. 2003, 100(22):12735-40.Abstract
- Devroe, E., Engelman, A., and Silver, P.A. Intracellular transport of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase J. Cell. Sci. 2003; 116(Pt21):4401-8. Abstract
- Brodsky, A.S,, Johnston, A.P,, Trau, M., and Silver, P.A. Analysis of RNA-protein interactions by flow cytometry. Curr. Opin. Mol. Ther 2003; 5(3):235-40. Abstract
- Kau, T.R. and Silver, P.A. Nuclear transport as a target for cell growth. Drug Discov. Today. 2003; 8(2):78-85. Abstract
- Hieronymus, H. and Silver, P.A. Genome-wide analysis of RNA-protein interactions illustrates specificity of the mRNA export machinery. Nat. Genet. 2003; 33(2):155-61. Abstract
- Beilharz T., Egan, B., Silver, P.A. Hofmann, K., and Lithgow, T. Bipartite signals mediate subcellular targeting of tail-anchored membrane protein in saccharomyces cerevisiae. J. Biol. Chem. 2003; [epub ahead of print].Abstract
- Damelin, M. and Silver, P.A. In situ analysis of spatial relationships between proteins of the nuclear pore complex. Biophys J. 2002; 83(6): 3626-36.Abstract
- Brodsky, A.S. and Silver, P.A. A microbead-based system for identifying and characterizing RNA-protein interactions by flow cytometry. Mol Cell Proteomics 2002; 1(12): 922-9. Abstract
- Lei, E.P., Stern, C.A., Fahrenkrog, B., Krebber, H., Moy, T.I., Aebi, U. and Silver, P.A., Sac3 is an mRNA export factor that localizes to the cytoplasmic fibrils of the nuclear pore complex. Mol Biol Cell 2002; In Press.
- Lei, E. P. and Silver, P.A. Intron status and 3'-end formation control cotranscriptional export of mRNA. Genes Dev 2002; 16: 2761-2766. Abstract
- Limon A., Devroe, E., Lu, R., Ghory, H.Z., Silver, P.A., and Engelman, A. Nuclear localization of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 preintegration complexes (PICs): V165A and R166A are pleiotropic integrase mutants primarily defective for integration, not PIC nuclear import. J Virol. 2002; 76(21): 10598-607.Abstract
- Devroe, E. and Silver, P.A. Retrovirus-delivered siRNA. BMC Biotechnol. 2002; 2(1): 15. Abstract
- Moy, T.I., and Silver, P.A. Requirements for the nuclear export of the small ribosomal subunit. J Cell Sci 2002; 115 (Pt 14): 2985-95.Abstract
- Damelin, M., Silver, P.A., and Corbett, A.H. Nuclear protein transport. Methods Enzymol. 2002; 351:587-607.
- Brodsky, A..S. and Silver, P.A. Identifying proteins that affect mRNA localization in living cells. Methods 2002; 26(2):151-5.
- Moy, T.I., Boettner, D., Rhodes, J.C., Silver, P.A., and Askew, D.S. Identification of a role for Saccharomyces cerevisiae Cgr1p in pre-rRNA processing and 60S ribosome subunit synthesis. Microbiology 2002; 148 (Pt 4): 1081-1090. Abstract
- Damelin, M., Simon, I., Moy, T.I., Wilson, B., Komili, S., Tempst, P., Roth, F.P., Young, R.A., Carins, B.R., and Silver, P.A. The genome-wide localization of Rsc9, a component of the RSC chromatin-remodeling complex, changes in response to stress. Mol Cell 2002; 9 (3): 563-73. Abstract
- Lei, E.P. and Silver, P.A. Protein and RNA export from the nucleus. Dev Cell. 2002; 2 (3): 261-72. Abstract
- Valentini, S.R., Casolari, J.M., Oliveira, C.C., Silver, P.A. and McBride, A.E. Genetic interactions of yeast eukaryotic translation initiation factor 5A (eIF5A) reveal connections to poly(A)-binding protein and protein kinase C signaling. Genetics 2002; 160 (2): 393-405. Abstract
- Hitchcock, A.L., Krebber, H., Frietze, S., Lin, A., Latterich, M., and Silver, P.A. The conserved Npl4 protein complex mediates proteasome-dependent membrane-bound transcription factor activation. Mol Biol Cell 2001; 12 (10): 3226-3241. Abstract
- Lei, E.P., Krebber, H., and Silver, P.A. Messenger RNAs are recruited for nuclear export during transcription. Genes Dev. 2001; 15(14): 1771-1782. Abstract
- McBride, A.E. and Silver, P.A. State of the Arg: Protein methylation at arginine comes of age. Cell 2001; 106(1): 5-8.
- Tham, W., Wyithe, J.S., Ferrigno, P.K., Silver, P.A., and Zakian, V.A. Localization of yeast telomeres to the nuclear periphery is separable from transcriptional repression and telomere stability functions. Mol Cell 2001; 8(1): 189-199. Abstract
- Hood, J.K., Hwang, W.W., and Silver, P.A. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae cyclin Clb2p is targeted to multiple subcellular locations by cis- and trans-acting determinants. J. Cell Sci. 2001; 114 (3): 589-597. Abstract
- Brodsky, A.S. and Silver, P.A. Pre-mRNA processing factors are required for nuclear export. RNA 2000; 6(12): 1737-1749.Abstract
- Colas, P., Cohen, B., Ferrigno, P.K., Silver, P.A., and Brent, R. Targeted modification and transportation of cellular proteins. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci. USA 2000 Dec 5; 97(25): 13720-13725. Abstract
- Weiss, V. H., McBride, A. E., Kim, H. K., Hogle, J. M., and Silver, P. A. The structure and oligomerization of the yeast arginine methyltransferase, Hmt1. Nat. Struct. Biol. 2000; 7: 1165-1171. Abstract
- Stage-Zimmermann, T., Schmidt, U. and Silver, P.A. Factors Affecting Nuclear Export of the 60S Ribosomal Subunit In Vivo. Mol Biol Cell 2000 Nov;11(11):3777-3789. Abstract
- Krebber, H. and Silver, P.A. Directing proteins to nucleus by fusion to nuclear localization signal tags. Methods Enzymol 2000;327:283-96. Abstract
- Prinz, W.A., Grzyb, L., Veenhuis, M., Kahana, J.A., Silver, P.A. and Rapoport, T.A. Mutants affecting the structure of the cortical endoplasmic reticulum in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol 2000 Aug 7;150(3):461-74. Abstract
- Hood, J.K. and Silver, P.A. Diverse nuclear transport pathways regulate cell proliferation and oncogenesis. Biochim Biophys Acta 2000 Jul 31;1471(1):M31-41. Abstract
- Shen, E.C., Stage-Zimmermann, T., Chui, P., and Silver, P.A. The yeast mRNA binding protein Npl3p interacts with the Cap Binding Complex. J. Biol. Chem. 2000 May 22. Abstract
- Ferrigno, P. and Silver, P.A. Polyglutamine expansions: proteolysis, chaperones, and the dangers of promiscuity. Neuron 2000 Apr;26(1):9-12. Abstract
- Hood, J.K., Casolari, J.M., and Silver, P.A. Nup2p is located on the nuclear side of the nuclear pore complex and coordinates Srp1p/importin-alpha export. J. Cell Sci. 2000 Apr;113 (Pt 8):1471-80. Abstract
- Jones, A.L., Quimby, B.B., Hood, J.K., Ferrigno, P., Keshava, P.H., Silver, P.A., and Corbett, A.H. SAC3 may link nuclear protein export to cell cycle progression. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2000 Mar 28;97(7):3224-9. Abstract
- McBride, A.E., Weiss, V.H., Kim, H.K., Hogle, J.M., and Silver, P.A. Analysis of the yeast arginine methyltransferase Hmt1p/Rmt1p and its in vivo function. Cofactor binding and substrate interactions. J. Biol. Chem. 2000 Feb 4;275(5):3128-36. Abstract
- Damelin, M. and Silver, P.A. Mapping interactions between nuclear transport factors in living cells reveals pathways through the nuclear pore complex. Mol. Cell 2000; 5: 133-140. Abstract
- Morehouse, H., Buratowski, R.M., Silver, P.A., and Buratowski, S. The importin/karyopherin kap114 mediates the nuclear import of TATA-binding protein. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1999; 96(22):12542-7.
- Ferrigno, P. and Silver, P.A. Regulated nuclear localization of stress-responsive factors: how the nuclear trafficking of protein kinases and transcription factors contributes to cell survival. Oncogene 1999; 18(45):6129-34.
- Moy, T.I. and Silver, P.A. Nuclear export of the small ribosomal subunit requires the ran-GTPase cycle and certain nucleoporins. Genes & Dev. 1999; 13(16):2118-33.
- Krebber, H., Taura, T., Lee, M.S., and Silver, P.A. Uncoupling of the hnRNP Npl3p from mRNAs during the stress-induced block in mRNA export. Genes & Dev. 1999;13(15):1994-2004.
- Brodsky, A.S. and Silver, P.A. Nuclear transport HEATs up. Nat. Cell. Biol. 1999;1(3):E66-E67.
- Zeng, X., Kahana, J.A., Silver, P.A., Morphew, M.K. McIntosh,J.R.,Fitch, I.T., Carbon, J., and Saunders, W.S. Slk19p is a centromere protein that functions to stabilize mitotic spindles. J. Cell. Biol. 1999;146(2):415-25.
- Defossez, P.A., Prusty, R., Kaeberlein, M., Lin, S.J., Ferrigno, P., Silver, P.A., Keil, R.L., and Guarente, L. Elimination of replication block protein Fob1 extends the life span of yeast mother cells. Mol. Cell 1999; 3(4):447-55.
- Hood, J.K. and Silver, P.A. In or out? Regulating nuclear transport. Curr. Opin. Cell. Biol. 1999;11(2):241-7.
- Valentini, S.R., Weiss, V.H., and Silver, P.A. Arginine methylation and binding of Hrp1p to the efficiency element for mRNA 3'-end formation. RNA 1999; 5(2):272-80.
- Ferrigno, P. and Silver, P.A. Analysis of nuclear transport in vivo. Meth. Cell Biol. 1999;58:107-22.
- Seedorf, M., Damelin, M., Kahana, J.A., Taura, T., and Silver, P.A. Interactions between a nuclear transporter and a subset of nuclear pore complex proteins depend on Ran GTPase. Mol. Cell. Biol. 1999;19(2):1547-57.
- Hood, J.K. and Silver, P.A. Cse1p is required for export of Srp1p/importin-alpha from the nucleus in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J. Biol. Chem. 1998; 273(52):35142-6.
- Silberstein, S., Schlenstedt, G., Silver, P.A., and Gilmore, R. A role for the DnaJ homologue Scj1p in protein folding in the yeast endoplasmic reticulum. J. Cell. Biol. 1998;143(4):921-33.
- Ferrigno, P., Posas, F., Koepp, D., Saito, H., and Silver, P.A. Regulated nucleo/cytoplasmic exchange of HOG1 MAPK requires the importin beta homologs NMD5 and XPO1. EMBO J. 1998;17(19):5606-14.
- Finley et al., Unified nomenclature for subunits of the yeast proteasome regulatory particle. TIBS 1998; 23:244-245.
- Taura, T., Krebber, H. and Silver, P.A. A member of the Ran binding protein family, Yrb2p, is involved in NES dependent nuclear protein export. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1998; 95:7427-7432.
- Shen, E.C., Henry, M.F., Weiss, V.H., Valentini, S., Silver, P.A., and Lee, M.S. Arginine methylation facilitates the nuclear export of hnRNPs. Genes & Dev. 1998; 12:679-691.
- Webb, C.D., Graumann, P., Kahana, J.A., Teleman, A., Silver, P.A. and Losick, R. Use of time-lapse microscopy to visualize rapid movement of the replication origin region of the chromosome during the cell cycle in Bacillus subtilis. Mol. Microbiol. 1998; 28:883-892.
- Kahana, J.A., Schlenstedt, G., Geiser, J.R., Evanchuck, D.M., Hoyt, A. and Silver, P.A. The yeast dynactin complex is involved in partitioning the mitotic spindle between mother and daughter cells during anaphase B. Mol. Biol. Cell 1998; 9:1741-1756.
- Huyett, A., Kahana, J., Silver, P., Zeng, X., and Saunders, W.S. Microtubule density controlled by antagonistic kinesin motors. J. Cell Sci. 1998; 111:295-301.
- Vodicka, M.A., Koepp, D.M., Silver, P.A. and Emerman, M. HIV-1 Vpr interacts with the nuclear transport pathway to promote macrophage infection. Genes & Dev. 1998; 12:175-185.
- Kahana, J. and Silver, P.A. The uses of GFP in yeast. in GFP: Green Fluorescent Protein Strategies and Applications, ed. by M. Chalfie and S. Kain; John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1998, in press.
- Scott, H.S., Antonarakis, S.E., Lalioti, M.D., Rossier, C., Silver, P.A., and Henry, M.F. Identification and characterization of two putative human arginine methyltransferases (HRMT1L1 and HRMT1L2). Genomics 1998; 15:330-340.
- Koepp, D. and Silver, P.A. Nucleo-cytplasmic transport and cell proliferation. BBA Reviews in Cancer 1998; 1377:39-47.
- Taura, T., Schlenstedt, G. and Silver, P.A. Yrb2 is a nuclear protein that interacts with Prp20p, a yeast Rcc1 homologue. J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272:31877.
- Kessler, Henry, M., Shen, E., Zhao, J., Gross, S., Silver, P., and Moore, C.L. Hrp1, an RNA binding protein that shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm, is required for mRNA 3' end formation in yeast. Genes & Dev. 1997; 11:2545-2556.
- Lithgow, T., Cuezva, J.M., and Silver, P.A. Highways for delivery to the mitochondria. Trends in Biochemical Sciences 1997; 110-113.
- Corbett, A.H., Koepp, D.M., and Silver, P.A. Indirect immunofluorescence in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. in Cell Biology: a Laboratory Manual ed. by David Spector; Cold Spring Harbor Press, 1997.
- Silver, P.A. Scj1p. in Guidebook to Molecular Chaperones and Protein Folding Catalysts, ed. by M.-J. Gething; Sambrook & Tooze at Oxford University Press, 1997.
- Corbett, A. and Silver, P. Genetic analysis of nuclear transport. Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews 1997; 61:193-211.
- Lee, M. and Silver, P.A. RNA movement from the nucleus. Current Opinion in Genetics & Development 1997; 212-219.
- Seedorf, M. and Silver, P. A. Importin/Karyopherin protein family members required for mRNA export from the nucleus. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1997; 94:8590-8595.
- Clarkson, W.D., Corbett, A.H., Paschal, B.M., Kent, H.K., McCoy, A.J., Gerace, l., Silver, P.A., Stewart, M. Nuclear protein import is descreased by engineered mutants of nuclear transport factor 2 (NTF2) that do not bind GDP-Ran. J. Mol. Biol. 1997; 272:716-730.
- Campbell, K.S., Mullane, K., Aksoy, I., Pipas, J.M., Silver, P.A., Roberts, T.M., Schaffhausen, B.S., and DeCaprio, J.A. The J-domain of SV40 large TAg mediates Hsc70 binding and viral DNA replication. Genes & Dev. 1997; 11:1098-1110.
- Wong, D.H., Corbett, A.H., Kent, H., Stewart, M. and Silver, P.A. Interaction between the small GTPase Ran/Gsp1 and Ntf2 is required for nuclear import. Mol. Cell Biol. 1997; 17:3755-3767.
- Kahana, J. and Silver, P. Use of the A. victoria green fluorescent protein to study protein dynamics in vivo. Current Protocols in Molecular Biology 1996; 9.7.22-9.7.28.
- Koepp, D. and Silver, P. A GTPase that controls nuclear trafficking: Running the right way or walking RANdomly? Cell 1996; 87:1-20.
- Corbett, A., Ferrigno, P., Henry, M., Kahana, J., Koepp, D., Lee, M., Nguyen, L., Schlenstedt, G., Seedorf, M., Shen, E., Taura, T. and Silver, P. Genetic analysis of macromolecular transport across the nuclear envelope. (Proceedings from the Nobel Symposium) Exp. Cell Res. 1996; 229:212-216.
- Koepp, D.M., Wong, D.H., Corbett, A.H., and Silver, P.A. Dynamic localization of the nuclear import receptor and its interactions with transport factors. J. Cell Biol. 1996; 6:1163-1176.
- DeHoratius, C. and Silver, P.A. Nuclear transport defects and nuclear envelope alterations are associated with mutation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae NPL4 gene. Mol. Biol. Cell 1996; 7:1835-1855.
- Henry, M. and Silver, P. A novel arginine methyltransferase (HMT1) modifies a poly(A) RNA-binding protein. Mol. Cell. Biol. 1996; 16:3668-3678.
- Haarer, K., Corbett, A.H., Kweon, Y., Petzold, A.S., Silver, P.A. and Brown, S.S. SEC3 mutations are synthetically lethal with profilin mutations and cause defects in diploid-specific bud-site selection. Genetics 1996; 144:495-510.
- Corbett, A.H. and Silver, P. A. The NTF2 gene encodes an essential highly conserved protein that functions in nuclear transport in vivo. J. Biol. Chem. 1996; 271:18477-18484.
- Lee, M., Henry, M., and Silver, P. A protein that shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm is an important mediator of RNA export. Genes & Dev. 1996; 10:1233-1246.
- Henry, M., Borland, C., Bossie, M. and Silver, P. Potential RNA binding proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae identified as suppressors of temperature-sensitive mutations in NPL3. Genetics 1996; 142:103-115.
- Koepp, D.M. and Silver, P. Rna1p, a GTPase activating protein, plays a direct role in nuclear transport. J. NIH Research 1995; 7:53-54.
- Schlenstedt, G., Wong, D., Koepp, D. and Silver, P. Mutants in a yeast Ran binding protein are defective in nuclear transport. EMBO J. 1995; 21:5367-5378.
- Corbett, A., Koepp, D., Schlenstedt, G., Lee, M., Hopper, A., and Silver, P. Rna1p, a Ran/TC4 GTP-activating protein, is required for nuclear import. J. Cell Biol. 1995; 130:1-10.
- Kahana, J., Schnapp, B. and Silver, P. Kinetics of spindle pole body separation in budding yeast. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1995; 92:9707-9711.
- Loeb, J.D.J., Schlenstedt, G., Pellman, D., Kornitzer, D., Silver, P.A. and Fink, G.R. A yeast nuclear import receptor homologue required for mitosis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1995; 92:7647-7651.
- Schlenstedt, G., Harris, S., Risse, B., Lill, R. and Silver, P. A yeast DnaJ homologue, Scj1, can function in the endoplasmic reticulum with BiP/Kar2p via a conserved domain that specifies interaction with Hsp70s. J. Cell Biol. 1995; 129:979-988.
- Schlenstedt, G., Saavedra, C., Loeb, J., Cole, C. and Silver, P. The GTP-bound form of the yeast Ran/TC4 homologue blocks bi-directional transport across the nuclear envelope. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1995; 92:225-229.
- Flach, J., Bossie, M., Vogel, J., Corbett, A., Jinks, T., Willins, D., and Silver, P.A. A yeast RNA binding protein shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. Mol. Cell Biol. 1994; 14:8399-407.
- Osborne, M. A., Schlenstedt, G. Jinks, T. and Silver, P. Nuf2, a spindle pole body associated protein required for nuclear division in yeast. J. Cell Biology 1994; 125:853-66.
- Osborne, M. and Silver, P. Nucleocytoplasmic transport in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Annual Review of Biochemistry 1993; 62:219-54.
- Silver, P. and Way, J. Eukarytotic DnaJ homologues and the specificity of hsp70 action. Cell 1993; 74:1-3.
- Schlenstedt, G. , Hurt, E., Doye, V. and Silver, P. Reconstitution of nuclear protein transport with semi-intact yeast cells. J. Cell Biology 1993; 123:785-98.
- Kurihara, T. and Silver, P. Suppression of a sec63 mutation identifies a novel component of the ER translocation apparatus. Mol. Biol. Cell 1993; 4:919-30.
- Nelson, M., Kurihara, T. and Silver, P. Extragenic suppressors of mutations in the cytoplasmic C-terminus of Sec63 define five genes in S. cerevisiae. Genetics 1993; 134:159-73.
- Stochaj, U., Bossie, M., van Zee, K. and Silver, P. Analysis of conserved binding proteins for nuclear localization sequences. J. Cell Science 1993; 104:89-95.
- Kurihara, T. and Silver, P. DnaJ homologs and protein transport. in Membrane Biogenesis and Protein Targeting, ed. W. Neupert and R. Lill; Elsevier Science Publishers, 1992; 309-27.
- Bossie, M., Barcelo, G., Dehoratius, C., and Silver, P. A mutant nuclear protein with similarity to RNA binding proteins interferes with nuclear import in yeast. Mol. Biol. Cell 1992; 3:875-93.
- Stochaj, U. and Silver, P. A conserved phosphoprotein that specfically binds nuclear localization sequences is involved in nuclear import. J. Cell Biology 1992; 117:473-82.
- Silver, P. How proteins enter the nucleus. Cell 1991; 64:489-97.
- Blumberg, H. and Silver, P. A yeast protein containing two separated zinc fingers is required for normal cell growth. Gene 1991; 107:101-10.
- Stochaj, U., Osborne, M., Kurihara, T. and Silver, P. A yeast protein that binds nuclear localization sequences: Purification, localization and antibody inhibition of binding activity. J. Cell Biology 1991; 113:1243-54.
- Blumberg, H. and Silver, P. SCJ1, a DNAJ homologue that alters protein sorting in yeast. Nature 1991; 349:627-30.