- Morehouse, H., Buratowski, R.M., Silver, P.A., and Buratowski, S. The importin/karyopherin kap114 mediates the nuclear import of TATA-binding protein. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1999; 96(22):12542-7.
- Ferrigno, P. and Silver, P.A. Regulated nuclear localization of stress-responsive factors: how the nuclear trafficking of protein kinases and transcription factors contributes to cell survival. Oncogene 1999; 18(45):6129-34.
- Moy, T.I. and Silver, P.A. Nuclear export of the small ribosomal subunit requires the ran-GTPase cycle and certain nucleoporins. Genes & Dev. 1999; 13(16):2118-33.
- Krebber, H., Taura, T., Lee, M.S., and Silver, P.A. Uncoupling of the hnRNP Npl3p from mRNAs during the stress-induced block in mRNA export. Genes & Dev. 1999;13(15):1994-2004.
- Brodsky, A.S. and Silver, P.A. Nuclear transport HEATs up. Nat. Cell. Biol. 1999;1(3):E66-E67.
- Zeng, X., Kahana, J.A., Silver, P.A., Morphew, M.K. McIntosh,J.R.,Fitch, I.T., Carbon, J., and Saunders, W.S. Slk19p is a centromere protein that functions to stabilize mitotic spindles. J. Cell. Biol. 1999;146(2):415-25.
- Defossez, P.A., Prusty, R., Kaeberlein, M., Lin, S.J., Ferrigno, P., Silver, P.A., Keil, R.L., and Guarente, L. Elimination of replication block protein Fob1 extends the life span of yeast mother cells. Mol. Cell 1999; 3(4):447-55.
- Hood, J.K. and Silver, P.A. In or out? Regulating nuclear transport. Curr. Opin. Cell. Biol. 1999;11(2):241-7.
- Valentini, S.R., Weiss, V.H., and Silver, P.A. Arginine methylation and binding of Hrp1p to the efficiency element for mRNA 3'-end formation. RNA 1999; 5(2):272-80.
- Ferrigno, P. and Silver, P.A. Analysis of nuclear transport in vivo. Meth. Cell Biol. 1999;58:107-22.
- Seedorf, M., Damelin, M., Kahana, J.A., Taura, T., and Silver, P.A. Interactions between a nuclear transporter and a subset of nuclear pore complex proteins depend on Ran GTPase. Mol. Cell. Biol. 1999;19(2):1547-57.
- Hood, J.K. and Silver, P.A. Cse1p is required for export of Srp1p/importin-alpha from the nucleus in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J. Biol. Chem. 1998; 273(52):35142-6.
- Silberstein, S., Schlenstedt, G., Silver, P.A., and Gilmore, R. A role for the DnaJ homologue Scj1p in protein folding in the yeast endoplasmic reticulum. J. Cell. Biol. 1998;143(4):921-33.
- Ferrigno, P., Posas, F., Koepp, D., Saito, H., and Silver, P.A. Regulated nucleo/cytoplasmic exchange of HOG1 MAPK requires the importin beta homologs NMD5 and XPO1. EMBO J. 1998;17(19):5606-14.
- Finley et al., Unified nomenclature for subunits of the yeast proteasome regulatory particle. TIBS 1998; 23:244-245.
- Taura, T., Krebber, H. and Silver, P.A. A member of the Ran binding protein family, Yrb2p, is involved in NES dependent nuclear protein export. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1998; 95:7427-7432.
- Shen, E.C., Henry, M.F., Weiss, V.H., Valentini, S., Silver, P.A., and Lee, M.S. Arginine methylation facilitates the nuclear export of hnRNPs. Genes & Dev. 1998; 12:679-691.
- Webb, C.D., Graumann, P., Kahana, J.A., Teleman, A., Silver, P.A. and Losick, R. Use of time-lapse microscopy to visualize rapid movement of the replication origin region of the chromosome during the cell cycle in Bacillus subtilis. Mol. Microbiol. 1998; 28:883-892.
- Kahana, J.A., Schlenstedt, G., Geiser, J.R., Evanchuck, D.M., Hoyt, A. and Silver, P.A. The yeast dynactin complex is involved in partitioning the mitotic spindle between mother and daughter cells during anaphase B. Mol. Biol. Cell 1998; 9:1741-1756.
- Huyett, A., Kahana, J., Silver, P., Zeng, X., and Saunders, W.S. Microtubule density controlled by antagonistic kinesin motors. J. Cell Sci. 1998; 111:295-301.
- Vodicka, M.A., Koepp, D.M., Silver, P.A. and Emerman, M. HIV-1 Vpr interacts with the nuclear transport pathway to promote macrophage infection. Genes & Dev. 1998; 12:175-185.
- Kahana, J. and Silver, P.A. The uses of GFP in yeast. in GFP: Green Fluorescent Protein Strategies and Applications, ed. by M. Chalfie and S. Kain; John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1998, in press.
- Scott, H.S., Antonarakis, S.E., Lalioti, M.D., Rossier, C., Silver, P.A., and Henry, M.F. Identification and characterization of two putative human arginine methyltransferases (HRMT1L1 and HRMT1L2). Genomics 1998; 15:330-340.
- Koepp, D. and Silver, P.A. Nucleo-cytplasmic transport and cell proliferation. BBA Reviews in Cancer 1998; 1377:39-47.
- Taura, T., Schlenstedt, G. and Silver, P.A. Yrb2 is a nuclear protein that interacts with Prp20p, a yeast Rcc1 homologue. J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272:31877.
- Kessler, Henry, M., Shen, E., Zhao, J., Gross, S., Silver, P., and Moore, C.L. Hrp1, an RNA binding protein that shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm, is required for mRNA 3' end formation in yeast. Genes & Dev. 1997; 11:2545-2556.
- Lithgow, T., Cuezva, J.M., and Silver, P.A. Highways for delivery to the mitochondria. Trends in Biochemical Sciences 1997; 110-113.
- Corbett, A.H., Koepp, D.M., and Silver, P.A. Indirect immunofluorescence in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. in Cell Biology: a Laboratory Manual ed. by David Spector; Cold Spring Harbor Press, 1997.
- Silver, P.A. Scj1p. in Guidebook to Molecular Chaperones and Protein Folding Catalysts, ed. by M.-J. Gething; Sambrook & Tooze at Oxford University Press, 1997.
- Corbett, A. and Silver, P. Genetic analysis of nuclear transport. Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews 1997; 61:193-211.
- Lee, M. and Silver, P.A. RNA movement from the nucleus. Current Opinion in Genetics & Development 1997; 212-219.
- Seedorf, M. and Silver, P. A. Importin/Karyopherin protein family members required for mRNA export from the nucleus. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1997; 94:8590-8595.
- Clarkson, W.D., Corbett, A.H., Paschal, B.M., Kent, H.K., McCoy, A.J., Gerace, l., Silver, P.A., Stewart, M. Nuclear protein import is descreased by engineered mutants of nuclear transport factor 2 (NTF2) that do not bind GDP-Ran. J. Mol. Biol. 1997; 272:716-730.
- Campbell, K.S., Mullane, K., Aksoy, I., Pipas, J.M., Silver, P.A., Roberts, T.M., Schaffhausen, B.S., and DeCaprio, J.A. The J-domain of SV40 large TAg mediates Hsc70 binding and viral DNA replication. Genes & Dev. 1997; 11:1098-1110.
- Wong, D.H., Corbett, A.H., Kent, H., Stewart, M. and Silver, P.A. Interaction between the small GTPase Ran/Gsp1 and Ntf2 is required for nuclear import. Mol. Cell Biol. 1997; 17:3755-3767.
- Kahana, J. and Silver, P. Use of the A. victoria green fluorescent protein to study protein dynamics in vivo. Current Protocols in Molecular Biology 1996; 9.7.22-9.7.28.
- Koepp, D. and Silver, P. A GTPase that controls nuclear trafficking: Running the right way or walking RANdomly? Cell 1996; 87:1-20.
- Corbett, A., Ferrigno, P., Henry, M., Kahana, J., Koepp, D., Lee, M., Nguyen, L., Schlenstedt, G., Seedorf, M., Shen, E., Taura, T. and Silver, P. Genetic analysis of macromolecular transport across the nuclear envelope. (Proceedings from the Nobel Symposium) Exp. Cell Res. 1996; 229:212-216.
- Koepp, D.M., Wong, D.H., Corbett, A.H., and Silver, P.A. Dynamic localization of the nuclear import receptor and its interactions with transport factors. J. Cell Biol. 1996; 6:1163-1176.
- DeHoratius, C. and Silver, P.A. Nuclear transport defects and nuclear envelope alterations are associated with mutation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae NPL4 gene. Mol. Biol. Cell 1996; 7:1835-1855.
- Henry, M. and Silver, P. A novel arginine methyltransferase (HMT1) modifies a poly(A) RNA-binding protein. Mol. Cell. Biol. 1996; 16:3668-3678.
- Haarer, K., Corbett, A.H., Kweon, Y., Petzold, A.S., Silver, P.A. and Brown, S.S. SEC3 mutations are synthetically lethal with profilin mutations and cause defects in diploid-specific bud-site selection. Genetics 1996; 144:495-510.
- Corbett, A.H. and Silver, P. A. The NTF2 gene encodes an essential highly conserved protein that functions in nuclear transport in vivo. J. Biol. Chem. 1996; 271:18477-18484.
- Lee, M., Henry, M., and Silver, P. A protein that shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm is an important mediator of RNA export. Genes & Dev. 1996; 10:1233-1246.
- Henry, M., Borland, C., Bossie, M. and Silver, P. Potential RNA binding proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae identified as suppressors of temperature-sensitive mutations in NPL3. Genetics 1996; 142:103-115.
- Koepp, D.M. and Silver, P. Rna1p, a GTPase activating protein, plays a direct role in nuclear transport. J. NIH Research 1995; 7:53-54.
- Schlenstedt, G., Wong, D., Koepp, D. and Silver, P. Mutants in a yeast Ran binding protein are defective in nuclear transport. EMBO J. 1995; 21:5367-5378.
- Corbett, A., Koepp, D., Schlenstedt, G., Lee, M., Hopper, A., and Silver, P. Rna1p, a Ran/TC4 GTP-activating protein, is required for nuclear import. J. Cell Biol. 1995; 130:1-10.
- Kahana, J., Schnapp, B. and Silver, P. Kinetics of spindle pole body separation in budding yeast. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1995; 92:9707-9711.
- Loeb, J.D.J., Schlenstedt, G., Pellman, D., Kornitzer, D., Silver, P.A. and Fink, G.R. A yeast nuclear import receptor homologue required for mitosis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1995; 92:7647-7651.
- Schlenstedt, G., Harris, S., Risse, B., Lill, R. and Silver, P. A yeast DnaJ homologue, Scj1, can function in the endoplasmic reticulum with BiP/Kar2p via a conserved domain that specifies interaction with Hsp70s. J. Cell Biol. 1995; 129:979-988.
- Schlenstedt, G., Saavedra, C., Loeb, J., Cole, C. and Silver, P. The GTP-bound form of the yeast Ran/TC4 homologue blocks bi-directional transport across the nuclear envelope. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1995; 92:225-229.
- Flach, J., Bossie, M., Vogel, J., Corbett, A., Jinks, T., Willins, D., and Silver, P.A. A yeast RNA binding protein shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. Mol. Cell Biol. 1994; 14:8399-407.
- Osborne, M. A., Schlenstedt, G. Jinks, T. and Silver, P. Nuf2, a spindle pole body associated protein required for nuclear division in yeast. J. Cell Biology 1994; 125:853-66.
- Osborne, M. and Silver, P. Nucleocytoplasmic transport in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Annual Review of Biochemistry 1993; 62:219-54.
- Silver, P. and Way, J. Eukarytotic DnaJ homologues and the specificity of hsp70 action. Cell 1993; 74:1-3.
- Schlenstedt, G. , Hurt, E., Doye, V. and Silver, P. Reconstitution of nuclear protein transport with semi-intact yeast cells. J. Cell Biology 1993; 123:785-98.
- Kurihara, T. and Silver, P. Suppression of a sec63 mutation identifies a novel component of the ER translocation apparatus. Mol. Biol. Cell 1993; 4:919-30.
- Nelson, M., Kurihara, T. and Silver, P. Extragenic suppressors of mutations in the cytoplasmic C-terminus of Sec63 define five genes in S. cerevisiae. Genetics 1993; 134:159-73.
- Stochaj, U., Bossie, M., van Zee, K. and Silver, P. Analysis of conserved binding proteins for nuclear localization sequences. J. Cell Science 1993; 104:89-95.
- Kurihara, T. and Silver, P. DnaJ homologs and protein transport. in Membrane Biogenesis and Protein Targeting, ed. W. Neupert and R. Lill; Elsevier Science Publishers, 1992; 309-27.
- Bossie, M., Barcelo, G., Dehoratius, C., and Silver, P. A mutant nuclear protein with similarity to RNA binding proteins interferes with nuclear import in yeast. Mol. Biol. Cell 1992; 3:875-93.
- Stochaj, U. and Silver, P. A conserved phosphoprotein that specfically binds nuclear localization sequences is involved in nuclear import. J. Cell Biology 1992; 117:473-82.
- Silver, P. How proteins enter the nucleus. Cell 1991; 64:489-97.
- Blumberg, H. and Silver, P. A yeast protein containing two separated zinc fingers is required for normal cell growth. Gene 1991; 107:101-10.
- Stochaj, U., Osborne, M., Kurihara, T. and Silver, P. A yeast protein that binds nuclear localization sequences: Purification, localization and antibody inhibition of binding activity. J. Cell Biology 1991; 113:1243-54.
- Blumberg, H. and Silver, P. SCJ1, a DNAJ homologue that alters protein sorting in yeast. Nature 1991; 349:627-30.