Size selective DNA precipitation
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
Revision as of 17:35, 27 August 2008
Kersten S. Rabe
Anyone should feel free to add themselves as a curator for this consensus protocol. You do not need to be a curator in order to contribute. The OpenWetWare community is currently discussing the idea of protocol curators. Please contribute.
A very fast and easy method for the size-selective removal of smaller DNA from larger fragments. By adjusting the PEG and MgCl2 concentration the range of precipitated DNA fragments can be adjusted.
- DNA to be separated
- 30% (w/v) PEG 8000/30 mM MgCl2 (concentration of PEG 8000 can be varied to shift the size of the percipitated DNA)
- TE Buffer, pH 8.0 (10 mM TRIS-HCl, 1 mM EDTA, pH 8.0)
- Centrifuge which can do up to 10.000 rcf (=g)
- Appropriate tubes for the centrifuge
- Mix 50 μL of sample with 150 µL of TE
- Add 100 µL of PEG/MgCl2
Acnkowledge any help you had in development, testing, writing this protocol.
See OpenWetWare:Biblio for information on how to reference within a wiki.
Add links to all the OWW protocols that have been used in making the consensus.
You can discuss this protocol.
Tag this page with categories to allow easier indexing and searching. See Categories for information on existing categories.