Lab attendance is mandatory and there are no make-up labs. A family crisis or severe illness requiring attention from the infirmary and prohibiting you from all your coursework are acceptable reasons for missing lab and every effort will be made to accommodate you in these exceptional circumstances.
||% of Final Grade
|Daily Lab Quizzes || 15%
|Daily Lab Notebook || 25%
|Research Article Review || 30%
|Design Project Report & Presentation || 30%
Research Article Review
The class will work in groups of 2 or 3 to read and review the following 5 articles:
- Ow DW, DE Wet JR, Helinski DR, Howell SH, Wood KV, and Deluca M. . pmid:17758108.
- Horstmann V, Huether CM, Jost W, Reski R, and Decker EL. . pmid:15239842.
- Gibson DG. . pmid:19745056.
- Chan LY, Kosuri S, and Endy D. . pmid:16729053.
- Rutherford SL and Lindquist S. . pmid:9845070.
Design Projects, Reports & Presentations
Late work for major assignments will be penalized 1/3 of a letter grade for each day late and will not be accepted after a week. Daily quizzes and lab notebooks will not be accepted late.