M5: Day 2
Design Project Reports
Here's the suggested outline for completing your project reports. Each report should be written by you, but based on the work done with your individual project design partners. Please also see the "Polkadorks" project for ideas about how to best prepare various types of figures.
- Project Summary (1 page)
- problem/opportunity (1 paragraph, what's the purpose of your system?)
- summary of system (1 para., how does your system work?)
- current status (1 para., how far did you get?)
- System Description (2 or more figures)
- device level diagram of system (1 figure with caption)
- parts level diagram of each device with captions (N figures with captions)
- New Parts (1 table and online entries, 1 or more parts)
- summary table providing names, official part numbers, and short descriptions for all parts newly designed by you (1 table)
- online entries in Registry of Standard Biological Parts; each part's entry must include an annotated sequence, short descriptions, long description, and references (N entries)
- Construction & Testing Plan
- Diagrams of all plasmids needed to build or test your system; drawings should be electronic, show all basic parts, and use standard visual nomenclature/icons (1 or more figures)
- Construction process for each plasmid: provide an outline of steps needed for its construction, at each step note which standard assembly method is being used or note and explain specific sites if a non-standard physical assembly method is to be used (1 or more outlines).
- Experiments to be conducted in order to test functioning of relevant parts and devices comprising your system, including positive or negative controls (1 or more brief paragraphs, detailing individual tests or control experiments)
- Next Steps (1 page or less)
- Description of immediate next steps (1 paragraph)
Handling your recently returned designer DNA
OK. Your newly synthesized designer DNA has just returned from DNA2.0. What do you need to do in order to get started using this DNA?
Nothing to read here (just getting the table of contents activated)