- Aminoacid biosynthesis in Corynebacterium glutamicum.
- Indene bioconversion in Rhodococcus Sp.
- CO2 fixation and product synthesis by the cyanobacterium Synechocystis Sp.
- Elucidating type II diabetes by linking the expression and metabolic phenotypes of hepatoma and hepatocyte cells.
- Bioinformatics and Systems Biology - Our group was one of the first to realize the importance of computational tools for handling the large volume of data generated by microarrays and other technologies.
- Methods for intracellular flux determination - Fluxes are determined by material balancing, NMR fine spectra analysis and GC-MS measurements.
- DNA microarrays - We have developed full genome microarrays for Synechocystis Sp., and partial microarrays for C. glutamicum, E. coli, and the mouse genomes.
- Bioreaction network analysis.