Ready Gel Precast Gels
1. Ready Gel Cassette Preparation
Note: The Mini-PROTEAN 3 cell is guaranteed for use only with Bio-Rad's Ready Gel precast gels.
a. Remove the Ready Gel from the storage pouch.
b. Gently remove the comb and rinse the wells thoroughly with distilled water or running buffer.
c. Cut along the dotted line at the bottom of the Ready Gel Cassette with a razor blade.
d. Pull the clear tape at the bottom of the Ready Gel Cassette to expose the bottom edge of the gel.
e. Repeat for second Ready Gel.
Note: If only one gel is to be run, use the mini cell buffer dam.
Mini-PROTEAN 3 Electrophoresis Module Assembly
1. Remove the Gel Cassette Assemblies from Casting Stand.
Rotate the cams of the Casting Frames inward to release Gel Cassette Sandwich.
2. Place Gel Cassette Sandwich into the slots at bottom of each side of the Electrode Assembly.
Note: Short Plate of the Gel Cassette Sandwich faces inward toward notches of U-shaped gaskets.
3. Lift Gel Cassette Sandwich into place against green gaskets , slide into the Clamping Frame.
4. Press down on Electrode Assembly while closing cam levers of the Clamping Frame to form
the Inner Chamber and to insure a proper seal of the short plate against the notch on the
U-shaped gasket. Short plate must align with notch in gasket.
5. Lower the Inner ChamberAssembly into the Mini Tank.
Fill the inner chamberwith ~125 ml of running buffer (reaches 1/2 between tops of the
taller and shorter glass plates of the Gel Cassettes).
Note: Do not overfill the Inner Chamber Assembly. Excess buffer will cause the siphoning
of buffer into the lower chamber which can result in buffer loss and interruption of
6. Add ~200 ml of running buffer to the Mini Tank (lower buffer chamber).
1. Insert the electrical leads into a suitable power supply with the proper polarity.
2. Apply power to the Mini-PROTEAN 3 cell and begin electrophoresis; 200 volts constant
is recommended for SDS-PAGE and most native gel applications. Run time is approximately
35 minutes at 200 volts for SDS-PAGE.
MSC media preparation
|Item || [Stock] || [Media] || Amt/500mL || Store
|L-ascorbic acid salt
|MCDB 201 Medium
Filter at end.