- Synthetic Biology 5.0: The Fifth International Meeting on Synthetic Biology
Date and location to be decided.
- SYNTHETIC BIOLOGY: Applications to Biofuels and Bioproducts 21 May 2010, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Symposium: New Directions in Synthetic Biology 30 April 2010, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Synthetic Biology Symposium Lustrum MSV Alchimica 23 March 2010, Wageningen, Netherlands
- European Commission Workshop on Synthetic Biology: From Science to Governance 18-19 March 2010, Brussels, Belgium
- UK Research Councils’ Networks in Synthetic Biology (NSB) Grant-holders’ workshop, 16-17 March 2010, Swindon , UK
- BioSecurity: How synthetic biology is changing the way we look at biological threats March 11 2010, Woodrow Wilson Centre for International Scholars, Washington DC, USA
- Symposium: Signalling meets Synthetic Biology 23.09.-25.09.2010, Centre for Biological Signalling Studies, University of Freiburg, Freiburg i.Brsg., Germany
- Euro-Chinese Workshop on Synthetic Biology and Biosafety 20 January 2010, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China
- Synthetic Biology: Building on Nature's Inspiration 19-22 Nov, 2009, Irvine, CA, USA. This was the 2009 annual conference of The National Academies Keck Futures Initiative. Grant applications are due 12 Feb, 2010. Ten podcast tutorial interviews with synthetic biology leaders are available online
- Biofine 2009: Applied Industrial Synthetic Biology conference 16 April–17 April, 2009, Freiburg, Germany
- Joint NSF/EPSRC sandpit on synthetic biology 30 March-3 April, 2009, Warrenton, Virginia, USA
- Second European Conference on Synthetic Biology (ECSB II): Design, Programming And Optimisation Of Biological Systems 29 March–3 April, 2009, Sant Feliu de Guixols (Costa Brava), Spain
- BioSysBio 2009 23-25 March, 2009, Cambridge, UK
- Life Under (Re)Construction
November 13-14, 2008, Vienna, Austria. Programme
- Systems and Synthetic Biology - Scientific and Social Implications:
November 7-8, 2008 at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg, Germany
- Workshop Synthetic Biology
November 6-8, 2008, Groningen, The Netherlands
- The Future of Synthetic Biology: Workshop at the Wellcome Trust
November 3-4, 2008, London, U.K. Programme
- Synthetic Biology 4.0: The Fourth International Meeting on Synthetic Biology
October 10-12, 2008 at Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
- Open SYNBIOSAFE e-conference on ethics, safety, security, IPR, governance, and public perception of synthetic biology (background paper)
May 5 - June 9, 2008.
- BioSysBio 2008
April 20-22, 2008 at Imperial College London, U.K.
- Toward A Synthetic Biology: NASA-NSF Joint Workshop at HHMI Janelia Farm, Virginia, U.S.A.
April 3-4, 2008. Workshop speakers and report
- European Conference On Synthetic Biology (ECSB): Design, programming and optimisation of biological systems
24-29 November 2007 at Hotel Eden Roc, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Spain.
- Caltech Workshop on Self-Replicating Chemical Systems
August 27-28, 2007.
- Synthetic Biology Workshop
August 27-28, 2007 at Göteborg, Sweden.
- Systems Biology and Engineering
April 20-21, 2008 in Seattle, WA, USA.
- First q-bio Conference on Cellular Information Processing
August 8-11, 2007 at St. John's College campus in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA.
- Synthetic Biology 3.0: The Third International Meeting on Synthetic Biology
June 24-26, 2007 in Zurich
- Boston University Symposium on Synthetic Biology
May 11, 2007.
- IGEM:China Workshop
April 16-17, 2007.
- Synthetic Biology: Transforming Life Science Research and Discovery by Informa Learning (associated with IBC Life Sciences) and Beachhead Consulting
March/April 2007 in Cambridge, Massachustts, USA
- See Tom Knight's note regarding this conference.
- BioSysBio 2007: Computational Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, Synthetic Biology
January 11-13, 2007 in Manchester, United Kingdom
- Cold Spring Harbor Meeting on Engineering Principles in Biological Systems
December 3-6, 2006 in Cold Spring Harbor, New York, USA.
- Workshop on Computation in Genetic and Biochemical Networks
September 4-8, 2006 in York, United Kingdom.
- Synthetic Biology 2.0: The Second International Meeting on Synthetic Biology
May 20-22, 2006 at UC Berkeley.
- Institute of Biological Engineering Annual Meeting
March 10-12, 2006 at University of Arizona in Tuscon, Arizona, USA
- special Synthetic Biology session!
- special student paper contest in bioethics!
- 2nd ASM - IEEE EMBS Conference on Bio, Micro and Nanosystems
January 15-18, 2006 in San Francisco, California, USA.
- Sixth International Conference on Systems Biology (ICSB 2005)
October 19-24, 2005 in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Venter Institute Conference: Genomes, Medicine, and the Environment
October 17–19, 2005 in Hilton Head, South Carolina, USA.
- Synthetic Biology 1.0: The First International Meeting on Synthetic Biology
June 10-12, 2004 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.