Synthetic Biology is
A) the design and construction of new biological parts, devices, and systems, and
B) the re-design of existing, natural biological systems for useful purposes.
Please add other publications in the area of Synthetic Biology here.
- Special issue on synthetic biology in Nature
- Engineering Escherichia coli to see light by A. Levskaya, A.A. Chevalier, J.J. Tabor, Z.B. Simpson, L.A. Lavery, M.Levy, E.A. Davidson, A.Scouras, A.D. Ellington, E.M. Marcotte, and C.A. Voigt
- Refactoring bacteriophage T7 by Leon Chan, Sriram Kosuri and Drew Endy
- Engineering life through Synthetic Biology by Paras Chopra and Akhil Kamma
- BioJADE: A Design and Simulation Tool for Synthetic Biological Systems by Jonathan Goler
- Fluorescence assay for polymerase arrival rates by Austin Che
- Idempotent Vector Design for Standard Assembly of BioBricks by Tom Knight
- DARPA BioComp Plasmid Distribution 1.00 of Standard Biobrick Components by Tom Knight
- BioBricks++: Simplifying Assembly of Standard DNA Components by Austin Che
- Pamela Silver's lecture & Lisa Geller's discussion on Synthetic Biology (mp3 file)
- Laurie Zoloth's recent lecture on ethics & Synthetic Biology.
- Paul Rabinow's recent lecture on security & Synthetic Biology.
- The Next Step in Bioevolution: Engineering the Microbial World by Austin Che
- A set of presentation slides and video from various talks by Drew Endy, many of which focus on the engineering of biology.
- Engineering the Interface Between Cellular Chassis and Integrated Biological Systems by Barry Canton
- Design and Evolution of Engineered Biological Systems by Jason Kelly
- Design and Evolution of Engineered Biological Systems by Jason Kelly, Josh Michener and Drew Endy
- Engineered Post-Translational Logic (PTL) by Samantha Sutton, Sara Neves, Lauren Leung and Drew Endy
- Engineering the Interface Between Cellular Chassis and Integrated Biological Systems by Barry Canton and Drew Endy
- Engineering transcription-based digital logic devices by Reshma Shetty and Tom Knight
- BioBricks++: Mindless Module Manipulation by Monkeys by Austin Che
- Draft 1: Regulatory Schemes in Biological Networks to Produce Desired Response and Stability. The genetic inverter: A computational case study
- Draft 2: Recombineering: Homologous Recombination-Mediated DNA Engineering in E. coli
- Draft 3: Electrical Models for Genetic Regulatory Elements
- Draft 4: Plasmid Engineering (pdf) (doc)
This site is hosted on OpenWetWare and can be edited by all members of the Synthetic Biology community.
Making life better, one part at a time.