Links to various press articles about Synthetic Biology. Note that this is not a comprehensive list.
- Playing God in running shoes The Globe and Mail December 17, 2005
- Using Fake Plants to Halt A Real Killer Time December 12, 2005
- December 2005 issue of Dr. Dobbs A.I. Newsletter on synthetic biology
- Special issue on synthetic biology in Nature including the Adventures in Synthetic Biology comic
- Synthetic Biology Remakes Small Genomes Science November 4, 2005
- Synthetic biologists face up to security issues Nature August 2005 and How synthetic biology can avoid GMO-style conflicts correspondence in later issue
- Attempting to build from the cells up Deccan Herald April 2005
- From the cells up The Guardian March 2005
- Steal this Genome! East Bay Express March 2005
- Intelligent Design Berkeley Science Review Spring 2005
- Meeting Report: Synthetic Biology Jamboree for Undergraduates Cell Biology Education Spring 2005
- Computation comes to life: Someday, our most sophisticated chip fabs could be living cells Computerworld February 2005
- Preparing the World for Synthetic Biology Technology Review January 2005
- Life, Reinvented WIRED January 2005
- Innovation Sails Free Newsweek November 2004
- Synthetic biology: Starting from scratch Nature October 2004
- Life, The Next Generation The Scientist October 2004
- Synthetic Biology: The Real Thing BIO-IT World July 2004
- Experts worry that synthetic biology may spawn biohackers EE Times June 2004 and Synthetic Biology May Spawn Biohackers post on Slashdot
- Conference kicks off synthetic bio revolution EE Times June 2004
- BioBricks to help reverse-engineer life EE Times June 2004
- Synthetic Life Scientific American May 2004 and Synthetic Life In The Lab post on Slashdot
- Microbes made to order Science January 2004.
- Digital Cells: Computer circuits made of genes may soon program bacteria Science News April 2003 and Digital DNA circuits post on Slashdot with link to BioBricks.
- Class aims to engineer blinking life in the lab MIT News February 2003
Search for Synthetic Biology on Google News.
This site is hosted on OpenWetWare and can be edited by all members of the Synthetic Biology community.
Making life better, one part at a time.