(Difference between revisions)
TChan (Talk | contribs)
(New page: * Reorganized the Project page. * Looked into: ** Medical site disclaimers/clickthrus: *** PubMed: <pre> Copyright Status Government informatio...)
Next diff →
Revision as of 22:40, 30 April 2007
- Reorganized the Project page.
- Looked into:
- Medical site disclaimers/clickthrus:
- Medical site disclaimers/clickthrus:
[[http://www.medstory.com/tos.jsp Disclaimer - Medstory Does Not Provide Medical or Any Other Health Care Advice, Diagnosis or Treatment]] The content on or accessible through Medstory web sites, such as text, graphics and other materials ("Content"), and Medstory Services, are for informational purposes only. Neither Content nor Medstory Services are a substitute for professional advice on any matter, medical or otherwise. Always seek the advice of a qualified health professional on any matter that may affect your health or well-being or that of someone else. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice because of Content or Medstory Services, in whole or in part. Health and medical information changes, often quickly, over time and Medstory does not verify the accuracy of any Content or Medstory Services. No part of Content or Medstory Services is regulated or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, or any other agency, government or otherwise. Should you or anyone else be affected by any potential health or medical emergency, call your local emergency service immediately. Medstory does not recommend or endorse any treatment, institution, professional, physician, product, procedure or other information that may be mentioned in Content or Medstory Services. You acknowledge and agree that (i) Content and Medstory Services are provided "as is" and without any representations or warranties of any kind and (ii) reliance on any Content or Medstory Services, in whole or in part, is solely at your own risk. Links Websites and pages that are hosted by Medstory are clearly identified as such. Any other site or page that is accessible through Medstory Services ("Third-party Sites"), as search results or linked to by Medstory, are not controlled in any manner by Medstory. Search results and links are automatically generated by Medstory's software and computers, and Medstory does not evaluate whether such results, links or content therein may be considered inappropriate, objectionable or offensive. You acknowledge and agree that Medstory assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for the content of any Third-party Site. Your Use You may access and use Medstory Services for your personal, non-commercial use only. You agree not to use Medstory Services for any commercial purpose, such as selling products or services, or increasing traffic to other websites. You acknowledge that Medstory Services generate and publish data in various forms, including in response to queries. You agree that all right, title and interest in and to such data are and will remain the exclusive property of Medstory. You acknowledge and agree that any use of such data, other than as expressly provided herein, is expressly forbidden. In addition, you agree to refrain from the following in connection with your use of or access to Medstory Services: - Sending automated queries of any sort to Medstory Services without Medstory's written permission; - Attempting to access Medstory Services by any mechanism other than as provided by Medstory; - Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Medstory Services; or - Attempting to interfere with Medstory Services or the use of Medstory Services in any manner that may be considered malicious or detrimental to Medstory. Special provisions apply to your use of Content from the National Library of Medicine. Click here to review these provisions. Changes in Terms of Service and Medstory Services You acknowledge and agree that (i) Medstory may modify these Terms of Service from time to time without notice, (ii) Medstory may modify or terminate Medstory Services, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice, and (iii) in any event of the foregoing, any modification or termination shall be without liability to you. Medstory Property All right, title, and interest in and to Medstory Services, as applicable, are and will remain the exclusive property of Medstory and its licensors. Many aspects of Medstory Services, including Medstory websites, are protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Except as permitted in these Terms of Service, you may not copy, reproduce, modify or prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, sell, transfer, transmit, or otherwise use any aspect of Medstory Services. You may not copy or modify the HTML code used in the Medstory Services. Disclaimer of Warranties Medstory disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or operability or availability of Content and Medstory Services. Medstory disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material. Medstory disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on the Internet through Medstory Services. MEDSTORY SERVICES, AND ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN MEDSTORY SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. MEDSTORY AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. MEDSTORY AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES (I) REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF MEDSTORY SERVICES, (II) FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED THROUGH MEDSTORY SERVICES AND (III) FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON MEDSTORY SERVICES OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY MEDSTORY SERVICES, AS WELL AS FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN MEDSTORY SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIAL OR DATA THROUGH THE USE OF MEDSTORY SERVICES AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA. SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY BY STATE JURISDICTION. Limitation of Liability UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MEDSTORY OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO ANY USER ON ACCOUNT OF THAT USER'S USE OR MISUSE OF OR RELIANCE ON MEDSTORY SERVICES. ARISING FROM ANY CLAIM RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO PREVENT RECOVERY OF DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, (EVEN IF MEDSTORY OR ITS LICENSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF AND RELIANCE ON MEDSTORY SERVICES, FROM INABILITY TO USE MEDSTORY SERVICES, OR FROM THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, OR TERMINATION OF MEDSTORY SERVICES (INCLUDING SUCH DAMAGES INCURRED BY THIRD PARTIES). THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON MEDSTORY SERVICES OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN MEDSTORY SERVICES, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON MEDSTORY SERVICES OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN MEDSTORY SERVICES. THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL FURTHER APPLY WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF MEDSTORY SERVICES OR ANY INFORMATION OR MERCHANDISE THAT APPEARS ON, OR IS LINKED OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO, MEDSTORY SERVICES. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances shall Medstory or its licensors be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning. Indemnity You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Medstory, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of Medstory Services, or your violation of these Terms of Service. Miscellaneous Provisions These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual state or country of residence. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action with respect to the subject matter of these Terms of Service will be the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California, and each of the parties hereto waives any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Terms of Service to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect. These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. The failure of Medstory to enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by Medstory.
9. Proprietary rights 9.1 You acknowledge and agree that Google (or Google’s licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Services (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). You further acknowledge that the Services may contain information which is designated confidential by Google and that you shall not disclose such information without Google’s prior written consent. 9.2 Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Google, nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use any of Google’s trade names, trade marks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. 9.3 If you have been given an explicit right to use any of these brand features in a separate written agreement with Google, then you agree that your use of such features shall be in compliance with that agreement, any applicable provisions of the Terms, and Google's brand feature use guidelines as updated from time to time. These guidelines can be viewed online at http://www.google.com/permissions/guidelines.html (or such other URL as Google may provide for this purpose from time to time). 9.4 Other than the limited license set forth in Section 11, Google acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any Content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Google, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that Google has no obligation to do so on your behalf. 9.5 You agree that you shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including copyright and trade mark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within the Services. 9.6 Unless you have been expressly authorised to do so in writing by Google, you agree that in using the Services, you will not use any trade mark, service mark, trade name, logo of any company or organisation in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorised user of such marks, names or logos.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY 15.1 SUBJECT TO OVERALL PROVISION IN PARAGRAPH 14.1 ABOVE, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT GOOGLE, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR: (A) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY.. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS; (B) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGEAS A RESULT OF: (I) ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE SERVICES; (II) ANY CHANGES WHICH GOOGLE MAY MAKE TO THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE SERVICES); (III) THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES; (III) YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE GOOGLE WITH ACCURATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION; (IV) YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL; 15.2 THE LIMITATIONS ON GOOGLE’S LIABILITY TO YOU IN PARAGRAPH 15.1 ABOVE SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT GOOGLE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING. 16. Copyright and trade mark policies 16.1 It is Google’s policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable international intellectual property law (including, in the United States, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and to terminating the accounts of repeat infringers. Details of Google’s policy can be found at http://www.google.com/dmca.html. 16.2 Google operates a trade mark complaints procedure in respect of Google’s advertising business, details of which can be found at http://www.google.com/tm_complaint.html.
- Google News***
[Ownership of eMedicine] Copyright
We or our partners own the information on eMedicine. In fact, the entire contents and design of eMedicine are protected under U.S. and international copyright laws. You may look at our Web Site online, download individual articles to your personal or handheld computer for later reading, and even print a reasonable number of copies of pages for yourself, your family, or friends. You must not remove any copyright notices from our materials. We reserve all our other rights. Among other things, this means you must not sell our information, rewrite or modify it, redistribute it, put it on your own Web Site, or use it for any commercial purpose without our prior written permission. Trademarks We also own the names we use for our products and services on eMedicine, and these names are protected by trademark laws in the U.S. and internationally. An ® following a name on our site indicates that the trademark has been registered in the United States. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. If your activities are noncommercial, you may make use of our trademarks by linking to us or discussing us with others, as long as you make it clear that we are the owner of the trademark. Any other uses of our trademarks require our prior written approval. You may not use eMedicine's trademarks in any of the following ways: * In a non- eMedicine product name or publication title. * Within or as part of your own trademarks. * To identify non- eMedicine products or services. * In a manner which will likely cause confusion. * In a manner that implies that eMedicine sponsors, endorses or is otherwise connected with your own activities, products, or services. * In a manner that disparages eMedicine. Linking to Us Usually, we don't mind if you have a simple link from your Web Site to ours. However, you must first ask our permission if you intend to frame our site or incorporate pieces of it into a different site or product in a way that is not clear to our users. You aren't allowed to link to us if you engage in illegal, obscene, or offensive content, or if the link in any way has a negative impact on our reputation.
[[Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold eMedicine, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Wikipedia contains articles on many medical topics; however no warranty whatsoever is made that any of the articles are accurate. There is absolutely no assurance that any statement contained or cited in an article touching on medical matters is true, correct, precise, or up-to-date. The overwhelming majority of such articles are written, in part or in whole, by nonprofessionals. Even if a statement made about medicine is accurate, it may not apply to you or your symptoms. The medical information provided on Wikipedia is, at best, of a general nature and cannot substitute for the advice of a medical professional (for instance, a qualified doctor/physician, nurse, pharmacist/chemist, and so on). Wikipedia is not a doctor. None of the individual contributors, system operators, developers, sponsors of Wikipedia nor anyone else connected to Wikipedia can take any responsibility for the results or consequences of any attempt to use or adopt any of the information presented on this web site. Nothing on Wikipedia.org or included as part of any project of Wikimedia Foundation Inc., should be construed as an attempt to offer or render a medical opinion or otherwise engage in the practice of medicine.
Please make sure that you understand that the information provided here is being provided freely, and that no kind of agreement or contract is created between you and the owners or users of this site, the owners of the servers upon which it is housed, the individual Wikipedia contributors, any project administrators, sysops or anyone else who is in any way connected with this project or sister projects subject to your claims against them directly. You are being granted a limited license to copy anything from this site; it does not create or imply any contractual or extracontractual liability on the part of Wikipedia or any of its agents, members, organizers or other users. There is no agreement or understanding between you and Wikipedia regarding your use or modification of this information beyond the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL); neither is anyone at Wikipedia responsible should someone change, edit, modify or remove any information that you may post on Wikipedia or any of its associated projects. Trademarks Any of the trademarks, service marks, collective marks, design rights, personality rights or similar rights that are mentioned, used or cited in the articles of the Wikipedia encyclopedia are the property of their respective owners. Their use here does not imply that you may use them for any other purpose other than for the same or a similar informational use as contemplated by the original authors of these Wikipedia articles under the GFDL licensing scheme. Unless otherwise stated Wikipedia and Wikimedia sites are neither endorsed nor affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such Wikipedia cannot grant any rights to use any otherwise protected materials. Your use of any such or similar incorporeal property is at your own risk.
# ACADEMIC USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE DATABASE OF INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN, IS EXPERIMENTAL AND ACADEMIC IN NATURE, AND IS NOT LICENSED BY THE U.S. FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION OR ANY OTHER REGULATORY BODY. # THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS' AND 'AS AVAILABLE' BASIS WITH ALL FAULTS. YEDA MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. WITHOUT DEROGATING FROM THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, YEDA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET USER'S REQUIREMENTS OR THAT USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE OF INFECTION OR VIRUSES, ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR WILL PRODUCE ACCURATE RESULTS. ACADEMIC USER SHALL BEAR TOTAL AND EXCLUSIVE RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR THE USE OF THE SERVICE. ACADEMIC USER SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING DAMAGE TO USER'S COMPUTER SYSTEMS OR LOSS OF DATA. # ACADEMIC USER AGREES THAT THE WIS, YEDA AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "INDEMNITEES") SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LIABILITIES, COSTS, LOSSES, DAMAGES OR EXPENSES (INCLUDING LEGAL COSTS AND ATTORNEYS' FEES) CAUSED TO OR SUFFERED BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, USER), THAT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISE OUT OF OR RESULT FROM USE OF THE SERVICE BY USER, BREACH OF THESE ToU BY ACADEMIC USER OR VIOLATION OF ANY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY (ALL OF THE FOREGOING, COLLECTIVELY, "CLAIMS"). WITHOUT DEROGATING FROM THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE INDEMNITEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST DATA OR LOST PROFITS WHETHER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE. # Academic User agrees to indemnify and hold the Indemnities harmless from and against any Claims as referred to in clause 13 above.