The BioBricks Foundation:Standards/Technical/Measurement
(Difference between revisions)
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
Revision as of 16:10, 26 March 2008
Goals of the BBF Measurement Working Group
- We aim to submit the following standards for comment in advance of the June workshop:
- the definition of a consensus relative fluorescence unit of measure - a 'Biobricks E. coli GFP fluorescence unit'
- a standard method for measuring promoter strengths
Briefing on Measuring Promoters & RBSs
- Video from Jason Kelly introducing a standard measurement kit for characterizing BioBrick promoters and RBSs. (feel free to comment via talk page, blog, email, smoke signal, etc.)
Promoter measurement test
- Notebook:Jason R. Kelly/Projects/BBF Meas Standards - Jason's lab notebook.
- User:Dileep_D._Monie/Notebook - Dileep's lab notebook
- Dyer BW, Ferrer FA, Klinedinst DK, and Rodriguez R. . pmid:10860516.
- The Ohm is where the art is (Bruce Hunt) - amazing history of standard setting in electrical engineering