The BioBricks Foundation:Standards/Technical/Measurement
(Difference between revisions)
m (Fixed JSTOR link)
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
*[http://www.jstor.org//The Ohm is where the art is (Bruce Hunt)] - amazing history of standard setting in electrical engineering
Revision as of 13:40, 5 May 2008
Goals of the BBF Measurement Working Group
- We aim to submit the following standards for comment in advance of the June workshop:
- the definition of a consensus relative fluorescence unit of measure - a 'Biobricks E. coli GFP fluorescence unit'
- a standard method for measuring promoter strengths
Briefing on Measuring Promoters & RBSs
- Video from Jason Kelly introducing a standard measurement kit for characterizing BioBrick promoters and RBSs. (feel free to comment via talk page, blog, email, smoke signal, etc.)
Promoter measurement test
- Notebook:Jason R. Kelly/Projects/BBF Meas Standards - Jason's lab notebook.
- User:Dileep_D._Monie/Notebook/BBF_Standards_Measurement - Dileep's lab notebook
- Dyer BW, Ferrer FA, Klinedinst DK, and Rodriguez R. . pmid:10860516.
- The Ohm is where the art is (Bruce Hunt) - amazing history of standard setting in electrical engineering