The BioBricks Foundation:Standards/Technical/Measurement
|(One intermediate revision not shown.)|
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
*[http://www.jstor.org//The Ohm is where the art is (Bruce Hunt)] - amazing history of standard setting in electrical engineering
Goals of the BBF Measurement Working Group
- We aim to submit the following standards for comment in advance of the June workshop:
- the definition of a consensus relative fluorescence unit of measure - a 'Biobricks E. coli GFP fluorescence unit'
- a standard method for measuring promoter strengths
Briefing on Measuring Promoters & RBSs
- Video from Jason Kelly introducing a standard measurement kit for characterizing BioBrick promoters and RBSs. (feel free to comment via talk page, blog, email, smoke signal, etc.)
Promoter measurement test
- Notebook:Jason R. Kelly/Projects/BBF Meas Standards - Jason's lab notebook.
- User:Dileep_D._Monie/Notebook/BBF_Standards_Measurement - Dileep's lab notebook
- Dyer BW, Ferrer FA, Klinedinst DK, and Rodriguez R. . pmid:10860516.
- The Ohm is where the art is (Bruce Hunt) - amazing history of standard setting in electrical engineering
- Reports of the Committee on Electrical Standards (1873) - The committee was responsible for determining "what would be the most convenient unit of resistance, and second what would be the best form and material for the standard representing that unit".