Tissue, I hardly know you!
|Line 91:||Line 91:|
Revision as of 12:45, 29 April 2008
]==20.20 Tissue Engineering Group==
- Group members: Anna, Amber, Derek, Prarthna, Mike, Robbie, and Aditya
Use this space to communicate with each othhttp://openwetware.org/skins/common/images/button_extlink.pnger and to formulate your ideas. Here's a link to the technical specification review requirements().
PLAN OF TASKS:
--periostin part on registry /n --research safety and security /n --bactoblood /n --antibodies on heart/n --binding/n --finalize pathways from binding to NAND gates/n --6 month plan /n --competition/n --costs (as part of 6 month plan)/n --finalize collagenase part
- targeting mechanism (specific for heart scar tissue)
- propulsion device (might not be necessary if we just let the cells travel with blood flow)
- binding device
- scar-digesting device
- healthy heart cell regeneration device
- cell death / exit device
== Perisotin Gene Sequence ==[ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/viewer.fcgi?db=nuccore&id=5453833 cytogenic coordinates 13q13.3]
[useful articles that discuss proteins expressed in cardiac scar and healthy tissue and how the two tissues differ.] 
[Periostin and Myocardial Repair, Regeneration, and Recovery ]
[Document of gene sequence of periostin device]
[Summary of research on targeting scar heart tissue as well as binding to healthy and scarred cardiac cells. Also includes a summary of monoclonal antibody production and a diagram of the cardiac extracellular matrix (useful for figuring out how our bacterium will bind to it). ]
== POWERPOINT FOR TECH SPEC REVIEW ==
TOPICS FOR ADDITIONAL RESEARCH: 1. Do we keep the bacteria in the heart until they die, or do we inject the patient with a drug to end the bacteria's life cycle.
- research the life span of the bacteria - how would the bacteria behave when they die? Do they automatically unbind from the cell or are external factors necessary.
2. Ways to prevent the immune system from responding to the bacteria
-could a coating be synthesized to prevent bacterial death and to prevent an immune system response.
3. Will Verapamil (the scar repressing agent) interact with periostin?
4. How quickly does cardiac tissue form?
- If it forms slowly relative to the speed at which periostin regenerates heart tissue, it is not necessary to include scar repressors.
== competition/ Other research being done
Lepilina A, Coon AN, Kikuchi K, Holdway JE, Roberts RW, Burns CG, et al. A dynamic epicardial injury response supports progenitor cell activity during zebrafish heart regeneration. Cell 2006;127(3):607–19.
Lien CL, Schebesta M, Makino S,Weber GJ,KeatingMT. Gene expression analysis of zebrafish heart regeneration. PLoS Biol 2006;4(8):e260.
[POWERPOINT TECH SPEC]
PRELIMINARY 6 MONTH PLAN 
TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION ROUGH DRAFT TECHNICAL_DOCUMENTATION,_ROUGH_DRAFT