(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 16:15, 4 February 2009
BE UG Board Meeting Minutes
- Welcome and Attendance
- ASA recognition - Maryelise
- Matt Lang's letter of BEUB approval
- official write up of the differences between BEUB and BE-BMES
- deadline is Feb 13th
- drop down to "sponsored"
- Course 20 Underground Guide
- set of questions for survey - make today
- how hard is this class compared to 20.110 or 20.320?
- are the pre-req's appropriate?
- was this class useful?
- other? (look in past minutes)
- use survey monkey for each class
- pay someone to collect and organize data
- put results on BEUG wiki for all to see and use
- get people's info by using websis degree audit to see which classes students take
- Associate Advising - Maryelise
- set up matches for 10s to be with each advisor
- AA's names were included in the 2011 advisor packets
- Maryelise to email out to AA's their advisor match this week
- What to do with your advisees:
- ice cream
- MIT sporting event
- order food
- go out for breakfast
- hang out in BE lounge
- go to a science seminar
- check out the MIT museum
- take an elective together
- design the next BE t-shirt
- make sure all associate advisors are utilized (10s and 09s) - how?
- Study Breaks - Marta
- announce dates on reg day
- flyer to hand out at these events- at student meetings and Prof. Griffith's talk
- included in '09, '10, '11 advisors folders to hand out on reg day
- responses as to what BE undergrads want:
- Maryelise printed out compiled wishes
- To Add
- internship digest
- post internship opps. to our wiki
- Elections - Dawn
- email again to remind people to update the wiki, etc.
- Tuesday, second week of classes
- sell remaining shirts at elections
- Food - Subway + cookies
- UG Lounge
- posters - did Cathy purchase them?
- still waiting to hear back from her
- keep checking on other parts of lounge - i.e. coffee pot, big wall-size whiteboard for tutor room, comfy seats to nap, etc.
- suggestions box, how set this up?
- shoe box, cover in paper (email out to busybeboard for a shoe box)
- Senior Dinner - Dawn
- BE Shirts - Bernice
- Cathy is emailing out about picking up t-shirts - when?
- find out about seminar emails (Dawn)
- other BE gear -- sweatshirts, cold-weather hat, pencils
- Next Meeting = with Prof. Griffith next week.
- meeting with linda
- lounge items
- ask if dan would talk at an internship seminar
- payments for the course 20 underground guide
- BE seminar list
- Does Dan want us to do anything for the senior dinner