Undergraduate BE Board:Meetings

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agendas)
(Undo revision 387298 by Anne Ye (Talk))
Line 10: Line 10:
==<font color=#2D9258>Agendas</font>==
==<font color=#2D9258>Agendas</font>==
-
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 02/02/10 Agenda| 02/02/10 Agenda]]<br>
+
 
 +
{{Template:Undergrad BE Board}}
 +
<div style="padding: 10px; width: 720px; border: 5px solid #2D9258;">
 +
 
 +
'''BE UG Board Meeting'''<br>
 +
Date/Time: 2/2/10 10pm <br>
 +
Place: Coffeehouse<br>
 +
<br>
 +
 
 +
#Welcome and Attendance
 +
#Scheduling
 +
#*Best to schedule during the week, but not sure about class schedules yet
 +
#*Doodle poll later in the week
 +
#Social Events
 +
#*Sophomores (maybe something after the first 20.111 test or 20.109 project). What else do sophomores typically take?
 +
#*Juniors (something after our first 20.330 exam)
 +
#*Seniors?
 +
##*Wait until major class schedules are set
 +
##*Best to have it immediately after at least one class
 +
#*Bigger study break for all the classes?
 +
##*Thursday the 18th at 12:00-1:00, lunch for everyone
 +
#Academic Events
 +
#*MD thing with Professor Griffith
 +
##*Dr. Isaacson
 +
##*Email Prof. Griffith
 +
##*See if can do joint event with BE/BMES – Hattie and Jessica
 +
#*Joint event with BE-BMES about deciding between course 7, 10, 20, etc
 +
##*March 9 evening (7 pm?)
 +
##*Will help BE/BMES execs, maybe sending student representatives
 +
#*Grad school panel with undergraduates and grad students
 +
##*Ask Bryan Owens, graduate student
 +
##*Talk more at later time
 +
#*Senior Dinner?
 +
##*Wait for Dan Darling to email
 +
#Associate Advising
 +
#*Advisers/Associate Advisers communication
 +
##*Cathy: juniors should not email advisors
 +
##*Email Cathy, ask what to do
 +
##*Maybe ask Cathy to ask advisors to email list of students to associate advisors?
 +
#*AA events with their advisees
 +
##*Ragheb will ask Cathy about budget
 +
#*New email list
 +
##*BE_aa_2011 - contains email addresses of AA's this year
 +
##*Email out list of AA’s and advisors to students, so they know who to contact – bypass faculty
 +
#First Curriculum Meeting
 +
##*Either Tuesday morning or Friday noon, Prof. Manalis will email
 +
##*Kevin and/or Ragheb can go
 +
#*Professional Development and BE electives
 +
##*email survey to all classes for opinions
 +
##*Elizabeth ’10 suggested setting up alumni network, interested in consulting
 +
##*Dan has database of contact info, publicize
 +
#Leftover from last semester
 +
#*IBE conference this Saturday!!!
 +
##*Everyone is welcome to poster session and keynote in afternoon, Maryelise will email
 +
#*Underground Guide
 +
##*Make pdf more accessible online and easier to compile
 +
##*Survey/questionnaire for topics
 +
##*Email classes at end of semester to ask about their experiences with electives
 +
#BE Stuff
 +
#*Email to ask people if they want new t-shirts
 +
#*Lounge additions
 +
##*Stapler
 +
##*Printer hard to get
 +
##*Extra board here, need to install
 +
#Did we miss anything?
 +
#*Note: will have $500 in budget for IBE conference
 +
 
 +
===<font color=#2D9258>2009</font>===
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 11/19/09 Agenda| 11/19/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 10/22/09 Agenda| 10/22/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 10/08/09 Agenda| 10/08/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 09/14/09 Agenda| 09/14/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 05/04/09 Agenda| 05/04/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 04/27/09 Agenda| 04/27/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 04/13/09 Agenda| 04/13/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 03/30/09 Agenda| 03/30/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 03/16/09 Agenda| 03/16/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 03/09/09 Agenda| 03/09/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 03/02/09 Agenda| 03/02/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 02/10/09 Agenda| 02/10/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 01/27/09 Agenda| 01/27/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 01/21/09 Agenda| 01/21/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 01/14/09 Agenda| 01/14/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 01/07/09 Agenda| 01/07/09 Agenda]]<br>
 +
 
 +
===<font color=#2D9258>2008</font>===
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 12/01/08 Agenda| 12/01/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 11/24/08 Agenda| 11/24/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 11/19/08 Agenda| 11/19/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 11/5/08 Agenda| 11/5/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 10/22/08 Agenda| 10/22/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 10/8/08 Agenda| 10/8/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 9/24/08 Agenda| 9/24/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 9/10/08 Agenda| 9/10/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 9/4/08 Agenda| 9/4/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 5/12/08 Agenda| 5/12/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 4/28/08 Agenda| 4/28/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 4/23/08 Agenda| 4/23/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 4/7/08 Agenda| 4/7/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 3/31/08 Agenda| 3/31/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 3/3/08 Agenda| 3/3/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 2/25/08 Agenda| 2/25/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 2/19/08 Agenda| 2/19/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 2/12/08 Agenda| 2/12/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 2/04/08 Agenda| 2/04/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 1/29/08 Agenda| 1/29/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 1/24/08 Agenda| 1/24/08 Agenda]]<br>
 +
[[Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 1/22/08 Agenda| 1/22/08 Agenda]] <br>
==<font color=#2D9258>Minutes</font>==
==<font color=#2D9258>Minutes</font>==

Revision as of 00:05, 3 February 2010

Image:UGMITBETopBEBoard2.gif

Home              UG Program Info              Members              Meetings              Pictures       Curriculum       Links              Contact us      


Information about past and upcoming meetings can be found here.

Please feel free to add discussion topics to the agenda of the next meeting. If you do, please provide a short introduction to the topic and how long a discussion you feel it merits. Thanks!

Undergradute BE Board:Agenda template When adding a meeting, copy the code from this page and paste it into a new page with the title of the new meeting date (Undergraduate_BE_Board:_M/D/YY) and then fill in the appropriate sections. When adding a meeting to the Minutes list, it may be useful to copy from the Agenda page so some structure will be in place.


Contents

Agendas

Image:UGMITBETopBEBoard2.gif

Home              UG Program Info              Members              Meetings              Pictures       Curriculum       Links              Contact us      


BE UG Board Meeting
Date/Time: 2/2/10 10pm
Place: Coffeehouse

  1. Welcome and Attendance
  2. Scheduling
    • Best to schedule during the week, but not sure about class schedules yet
    • Doodle poll later in the week
  3. Social Events
    • Sophomores (maybe something after the first 20.111 test or 20.109 project). What else do sophomores typically take?
    • Juniors (something after our first 20.330 exam)
    • Seniors?
      • Wait until major class schedules are set
      • Best to have it immediately after at least one class
    • Bigger study break for all the classes?
      • Thursday the 18th at 12:00-1:00, lunch for everyone
  4. Academic Events
    • MD thing with Professor Griffith
      • Dr. Isaacson
      • Email Prof. Griffith
      • See if can do joint event with BE/BMES – Hattie and Jessica
    • Joint event with BE-BMES about deciding between course 7, 10, 20, etc
      • March 9 evening (7 pm?)
      • Will help BE/BMES execs, maybe sending student representatives
    • Grad school panel with undergraduates and grad students
      • Ask Bryan Owens, graduate student
      • Talk more at later time
    • Senior Dinner?
      • Wait for Dan Darling to email
  5. Associate Advising
    • Advisers/Associate Advisers communication
      • Cathy: juniors should not email advisors
      • Email Cathy, ask what to do
      • Maybe ask Cathy to ask advisors to email list of students to associate advisors?
    • AA events with their advisees
      • Ragheb will ask Cathy about budget
    • New email list
      • BE_aa_2011 - contains email addresses of AA's this year
      • Email out list of AA’s and advisors to students, so they know who to contact – bypass faculty
  6. First Curriculum Meeting
      • Either Tuesday morning or Friday noon, Prof. Manalis will email
      • Kevin and/or Ragheb can go
    • Professional Development and BE electives
      • email survey to all classes for opinions
      • Elizabeth ’10 suggested setting up alumni network, interested in consulting
      • Dan has database of contact info, publicize
  7. Leftover from last semester
    • IBE conference this Saturday!!!
      • Everyone is welcome to poster session and keynote in afternoon, Maryelise will email
    • Underground Guide
      • Make pdf more accessible online and easier to compile
      • Survey/questionnaire for topics
      • Email classes at end of semester to ask about their experiences with electives
  8. BE Stuff
    • Email to ask people if they want new t-shirts
    • Lounge additions
      • Stapler
      • Printer hard to get
      • Extra board here, need to install
  9. Did we miss anything?
    • Note: will have $500 in budget for IBE conference

2009

11/19/09 Agenda
10/22/09 Agenda
10/08/09 Agenda
09/14/09 Agenda
05/04/09 Agenda
04/27/09 Agenda
04/13/09 Agenda
03/30/09 Agenda
03/16/09 Agenda
03/09/09 Agenda
03/02/09 Agenda
02/10/09 Agenda
01/27/09 Agenda
01/21/09 Agenda
01/14/09 Agenda
01/07/09 Agenda

2008

12/01/08 Agenda
11/24/08 Agenda
11/19/08 Agenda
11/5/08 Agenda
10/22/08 Agenda
10/8/08 Agenda
9/24/08 Agenda
9/10/08 Agenda
9/4/08 Agenda
5/12/08 Agenda
4/28/08 Agenda
4/23/08 Agenda
4/7/08 Agenda
3/31/08 Agenda
3/3/08 Agenda
2/25/08 Agenda
2/19/08 Agenda
2/12/08 Agenda
2/04/08 Agenda
1/29/08 Agenda
1/24/08 Agenda
1/22/08 Agenda

Minutes

2009

09/14/09 Minutes
05/04/09 Minutes
04/13/09 Minutes
03/30/09 Minutes
03/16/09 Minutes
03/11/09 Minutes
03/02/09 Minutes
02/10/09 Minutes
01/27/09 Minutes
02/05/09 Minutes (Prof. Griffith)
01/21/09 Minutes
01/14/09 Minutes
01/07/09 Minutes

2008

12/01/08 Minutes
11/24/08 Minutes
11/19/08 Minutes
11/5/08 Minutes
10/22/08 Minutes
10/8/08 Minutes
9/24/08 Minutes
9/10/08 Minutes
9/4/08 Minutes
5/12/08 Minutes
4/28/08 Minutes
4/23/08 Minutes
4/07/08 Minutes
3/31/08 Minutes
3/17/08 Minutes
3/3/08 Minutes
2/25/08 Minutes
2/19/08 Minutes
2/12/08 Minutes
2/4/08 Minutes
1/29/08 Minutes
1/24/08 Minutes
1/22/08 Minutes
1/15/08 Minutes
1/09/08 Minutes

Newsletters

February Newsletter

Transition

4/18/07 Meeting Agenda
4/18/07 Meeting Minutes

Personal tools